Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album) | Page 218 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. A collaboration with another artist it's never something I am bothered about for this album to be honest, they can go either way.

blod and dan2die4 like this.
  2. The Tove Lo one worked for me - it was a kinda unexpected and a bit quirky.

I would love a Rina or Robyn collab but we’ll see what happens.

He, ItTakesAMuscle, Wayne1978 and 3 others like this.
  3. No duets with Rita Sawayamma or Dua Lipa to stay relevant please! We do not need another song like this that will sound dated in a few years... He's a nobody now.

dan2die4 likes this.
  4. Except Higher is one of the best songs to come from 2010/2011, so no.

5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This post....hurts.

Crisp X, Mr.Arroz, justinis and 27 others like this.
  6. [​IMG]

Crisp X, Mr.Arroz, justinis and 29 others like this.
  7. You could at least try to spell her name correctly. It's a matter of respect.

And IMAGINE comparing Rina Sawayama and Dua Lipa to Taio "I got a hangover" Cruz.

8. Not really, because the vinyls will have already been printed and they're a big part of the strategy?

9. yikes...

4Roses, JMRGBY, Dreampopboy and 4 others like this.
  10. Wow. Higher was not on a Kylie album so your view is a bit flawed.

I don’t think Higher is dated. It’s a classic and sits well within Kylie’s career.

I’d be thrilled to have a Rina or Dua duet. Not just because they are both so hugely talented but also because it could potentially open up Kylie's music to a younger audience.

11. Dua expressed interest in collaborating with Kylie while doing promo for Future Nostalgia. There's no reason why Kylie can't work with Dua after Dua's worked with Madonna.

Both Dua and Rina make a lot more sense as collaborators than Taio ever did. And there's no reason to believe that a collaboration will be bad, just because it's with a younger artist—for example, Tove Lo's "Really Don't Like U" highlights how good a collaboration between Kylie and a younger artist can be. Plus, Dua's current material isn't a million miles away from Kylie's own output.

12. I’d love a Rina collaboration, but Rina’s not exactly a streaming giant who is going to expose Kylie to a huge new audience. I’d love a Rina collaboration because she released one of the best albums of the year and they seem to have a mutual respect for each other.

Mr.Arroz, hawkings24, JMRGBY and 5 others like this.
  13. Heart FM disagrees

remember of the 1576 versions of this song and it was still near damn impossible to hear the Kylie version on the radio

14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Nope and no ma'am

dan2die4 likes this.
  16. Higher is fabulous for a throwback.

Anjoel40 likes this.
  17. Radio 1 as well. I’m sure it was a creative choice and not an age thing........

SecretSatisfaction likes this.
  18. Which is why I said a Gente De Zona, which is a remix decided on after they began to print the vinyls for Golden and was only available digitally. Featured artists aren’t going to help shift physical copies but they will help (at least somewhat) with her streaming figures.

Mikal likes this.
  19. The notion that Rina and Dua are anywhere near as irrelevant or lacking in quality compared to Taio Cruz...

[​IMG]

Mr.Arroz, LPT, Jonathan27 and 18 others like this.
  20. If you think a Dua Lipa or Rina Sawayama collaboration is remotely comparable to Taio Cruz... you really just don't get it.

Mr.Arroz, melodrama, 4Roses and 18 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.