Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album) | Page 225 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. If we're talking proper nostalgia here, get the shaky carousel horse from "Got To Be Certain" back

2. True. Especially the ears.

3. The memories.

heartmightmelt likes this.
  4. SBK

SBK

Unlikely..... but I wouldn't be mad

5. I would hate that; please don't do that.

Jones322 likes this.
  6. The line 'queens and fairies and muscle Marys' kind of makes me die inside each time I hear it.

7. It was 1998. People didn't have to think seven times before saying something.

madgemad, dan2die4, craiggci and 2 others like this.
  8. Hmmm this feels... pointed.

9. The line doesn't offend me, it just sounds cringe coming from Kylie. The next line 'The rough trade boyfriend' is even more cringe as well.

10. I hear it more as her singing as the young daughter character unable to fully accept her father is gay.

AndrewX likes this.
  11. Those lines were co-written by an out gay man and while the terms are hideously dated, they were fairly standard, if cliched, archetypes in written media representations when I first came on the scene at the end of the 90s.

In 20 years, some of the terminology we use to describe certain tribes now will sound absolutely cringe in song lyrics.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    4Roses, lob0to, Sam and 12 others like this.
  12. Except we already know the writers from iTunes info and Johnny Douglas (who wrote Disco Down) isn't one of them.

But yes please to performing it on the next tour. It was magnificent at The Anti Tour.

13. I don’t think anyone was suggesting they were problematique just cringe? (I personally don’t find them that cringe but it’s the vibe I got)

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  14. Yeah if I was hearing it in the context of the musical it wouldn't have sounded so cringe but it kind of makes my toes curl hearing Kylie sing those words.

"Neil, Chris, just so I understand what I'm singing, what's a 'rough trade boyfriend'?"

Jones322 likes this.
  15. 'Michael Hutchence'

16. I sort of love how deliciously overt those terms sounds.

17. Ordered the Amazon exclusive from UK just because Germany's Amazon doesn't carry it as of now. I really anticipate this album so so so much. Something just feels absolutely right about it - and Say Somethin' was the first proof about it. It really grows more into being one of Kylie's finest with each listen. It basically touches everything that's great about Kylie without making it sound novelty, nostalgia act or in desperate need of keeping up with the young folks. It's just a brillant pop song.

Princeuk, madgemad, LPT and 1 other person like this.
  18. August 5, 2020
    Kylie Minogue to join live music show ‘The Sound’ for exclusive chat
    Zanda Wilson Assistant Editor The Music Network

[​IMG]
    Supplied / © Darenote Ltd. 2020
    ABC and Mushroom Vision’s new music television show The Sound welcomes global pop sensation Kylie Minogue for an exclusive interview this week.

The fourth episode of the newly launched show will feature Minogue with her new single ‘Say Something’, ahead of the release of her next studio album DISCO.

She’ll chat with host Jane Gazzo about her new song, forthcoming studio album and life in 2020.

Zan Rowe returns with music news, while The Sound welcomes ABC and Aussie music TV personality Myf Warhurst as guest co-host.

Previous episodes of The Sound are available to catch up on via ABC iView.

19. Apparently Kylie is the horse. What a stretch.

Although it would be good publicity for the new album.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  20. If that's true, I will combust.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.