Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album) | Page 228 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. This video is gonna be spectacular, I just know it.

LPT, Princeuk, inevitable and 2 others like this.
  2. It’s looking a little ‘green screen-y’ so far, but I am still fully prepared to have my wig blown off.

Sprockrooster and HorseTears like this.
  3. HMD

HMD

I guess it was the best option due to lockdown. Anyway, I think it’s going to be bonkers and my wig is ready to take off!

elektroxx, LPT, YourOwnThing and 2 others like this.
  4. Hurrah!! Great to hear.

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  5. From Jazzi P. to Dula Peep

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Kirkyboy likes this.
  6. It's Jazzi P. Important!

YourOwnThing likes this.
  7. Also I just googled Jazzi and...

This rollercoaster?!

Sam, roblognick, elektroxx and 6 others like this.
  8. Wait. What?? Um... that sounds potentially amazing.

9. I refuse to believe anything other than they filmed this in actual outer space.

10. This is all giving me Head First teas, and as one of approximately four people who loved how on-the-nose and gaudy the ~*retro*~ visuals for that album were, I'm perched.

11. I think the video will be a lot of fun.

12. They're playing it on the Hits Radio network, which is 25 stations across the country.

hollaa01, MrWonderfulPop and Princeuk like this.
  13. Same.

He, inevitable and Andy French like this.
  14. On-the-nose klaxon!

15. Take me to your planet right now.

InscrutableTed, Alenko, LPT and 4 others like this.
  16. I’m still trying to grab a copy of the vinyl for a decent price. It’s visuals are everything.

Andy French likes this.
  17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

This looks like the disco fabulousness the cover suggested.
    Preparing myself for people to say it looks cheap while I feel it has that VHS feel it needs

18. To be honest I think a shot of this is what we need? Like @Andy French its all so obviously gaudy and glittery and gay™ but with tongue firmly planted in cheek, which is Kylie’s DNA and seemingly what she wanted for this album.

With all of that being said, it’s definitely not at the expense of the music if Say Something and what she’s said so far is anything to go by. It could easily drift into pastiche 1000 Degrees/Your Disco Needs You territory but she seems to have found the right balance. She seems more laser focused than she’s been in years thanks to Golden and the Greatest Hits - they could easily have kept working on it and waited for the pandemic to slow down but instead she’s full steam ahead. I think this is going to be a great album.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  19. I think she can get away with some lack of polish considering the 70s/80s theme.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.