Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album) | Page 257 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco (15th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. No it isn't. Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Prince, David Bowie, her contemporaries from the 80s and 90s, are all dead. I'm literally grateful she's still alive so people still have the chance to channel their overwhelming aggressive energy into this thread for what they want her to be.

FridayNight and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Better wording would've helped.

3. This thread is mental.

I’m not an active poster by any means (I come and go and like a lurk in between) but this has just become exhausting.

Throughout all of Kylie’s previous eras everyone was able to have a balanced discussion and critique and it was fine! It just seems to be since Say Something’s release that there’s a touch of over-sensitivity.

I am knackered with the constant, quite frankly, stupid caveats that people keep using as an excuse to pound on people for having an opinion slightly different from their own i.e ‘word your posts differently’. How ridiculous, let people think what they want to think and maybe, I don’t know, have a conversation with them about it? (On a forum? The SCANDAL of it all.)

By the way, this is all coming from someone who adores Say Something and it’s video, I just miss when we could actually talk about things without people getting on their high horse and belittling others. This place is becoming more and more like SayHey everyday.

dan2die4, Princeuk, Damon and 9 others like this.
  4. Just popping by to state Say Something is the gift that keeps giving on repeated listen. The layers, the whispers, the synths.... it’s a real “grower” and as always Kylie getting me through a bit of a rough time with her eternal light and optimism. #legendsonly

5. I don't think it's about the actual chart placement of the singles these days, it's more the buzz generated by the songs/videos that Kylie and her team are aiming for. The album is the main goal and they'll go all out then.

I'm just intrigued now to see what Studio Moross will do with the merch (from their site) -

[​IMG]

6. I found it more insensitive to the forum member whose Mum recently passed.

7. That's totally fair, I hadn't seen that post when I made my own. I fucked up. My sincerest apologies, it wasn't intentional.

8. Katy Perry's single Smile hit no 96 and I think her album campaign is doing a great job. The singles charts are not the barometer of success they once were.

Princeuk, P'NutButter and SlowBurn like this.
  9. I'm really keen to see how the album cover comes across on print format. Are 3D/hologram album covers like with Impossible Princess financially viable nowadays? I can see it working well on Disco.

10. Just stream Say Something x

Anjoel40 and Heretic like this.
  11. Maybe she’s saving it for the remix lp ala Club Future Nostalgia?

A boy can dream.

——

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    LPT, lushLuck, hownee and 11 others like this.
  12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Um, let's not use that adjective around here.

Incidentally, we've had seven reports from the entire forum in the last three days - and six of them were from this thread (about posts by five different users). So you guys should consider just cooling it a little.

Some people like this song and some people don't. Some people like the video and some people don't. This is fine. But we don't need to make an MGM production out of every opinion. It's simply not that deep.

To quote the rules:
    If someone annoys you around here or just has an opinion that you think is plain wrong, try not to engage with them. You're not going to make things better by telling someone that you find them annoying.

13. Say Something might be one of my favorites singles from her, this is a top 5 if we were in 2001.

I thought the video was ok at first, now I'm obsessed. I feel like travelling through the space with her. It's great for watching in a dark Room, lights off, and navigate the galaxy with Kylie.

14. I can't get into Say Something, which is the first lead single to do that for me since 2 Hearts.

Maybe I'll come around. I know Slow did!

15. Love this.

Quimogen, LPT, burzacott and 22 others like this.
  16. Amen!
    It frustrates the f**k out of me when you start typing Kylie in Google - and that American girl pops up.
    I am well over 32 also!!

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  17. What's your point?

18. That it’s a name.

19. Agree 100%
    And Kylie and Madonna can still make a dent on the album charts, so I am happy enough!

Juango and joeee like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.