Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1021 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Her voice is sounding so good, I bet she's itching to tour!

mcuk, HorseTears, inevitable and 3 others like this.
  2. Phew the version of Head really went off. She looked and sounded absolutely sensational.

3. Dance Floor Darling sounds much better played live and without though flat, cheap stems she used on the studio.

Guess it shows that the (or rather 'my') problem with DISCO isn't the writing (and why Golden ended up being such a solid record). It was the production.

4. Dance Floor Darling in that second verse, she gave a very good vocal.

mcuk and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  5. Listening again I think the only thing live with DFD were the guitar licks and the vocals. Sounded like much of it was a backing track.

OSHi, HorseTears and Tracy Jacks like this.
  6. She looks SO much like Debbie Harry here. Particularly at the start.

Wayne1978, blod and MrWonderfulPop like this.
  7. Had to rewatch those two performances, just brilliant.

YourOwnThing and mcuk like this.
  8. I'm not sure it works quite the same when it's an album re-issue. For a brand new album/album campaign sure but I don't think they'll be doing pre-orders months in advance. It will most likely be a relatively fast roll-out.

MB likes this.
  9. I forgot how good this was. And, it sounds tailor made for the Disco era. If there is a Disco tour, I'd love it if this made it to the setlist.

I know it won't.

10. Always loved this, she looked and sounded great here. Wouldn't mind it being in the tour either.

YourOwnThing likes this.
  11. Great vocals, interesting choreo, lots of love in the room. Was a good watch, even though Disco isn’t one of my faves, really enjoyed this.

jakeyfw likes this.
  12. MB

MB

I’d imagine this will be a quick turnaround and be out October/November. Be stupid to wait and miss out on potential Christmas present bundles of albums and tickets. She’d be best to try and get it released before everyone comes out like Adele and Ed!

elektroxx and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  13. I do think now at this stage, it really will be sooner rather than later.

14. The woman is incredible. Wheeling out Head never felt so right.

YourOwnThing likes this.
  15. Me when I think my boyfriend's getting bored of me

16. Realistically, the re-release needs to come out early-to-mid October to make any kind of impact. Late October onwards, it'll all be about Ed Sheeran and Adele.

WhatKindOfKylie? and MB like this.
  17. And ABBA

18. Indeed.

Adora Day likes this.
  19. Based on the way that their singles sunk like bricks on the singles chart, I can imagine them experiencing a high debut—maybe a No. 1, potentially a No. 2 behind Ed Sheeran's =—and then freefalling out of the charts.

SlowGinFizzzz likes this.
  20. Their album is not going to free fall because of the singles flopping, you can't expect them to have hits out of the gate after all this time. The album is not going to flop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.