Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1022 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Absolutely, ABBA have Christmas period (all the supermarkets will have that album in prime spots, next to ABBA Gold), then the launch of the avatar shows next summer (and you'd be naive to think that there's not a repack scheduled down the line). That album will sell consistently, even if the chart placements become highly variable.

Anjoel40 and SlowBurn like this.
  2. It was fantastic to finally hear Dance Floor Darling live, what a song, my absolute favourite song from Disco. That’s the first time I’ve loved Can’t Get You Out of My Head for years, they changed just enough to make it pop! Great to have live Kylie back.

3. I kind of love that Kylie had a costume change for a two song set. This is what I need from Kylie, tbh. Give me glam.

4. I’m just kind of confused why they’re wheeling out “Dance Floor Darling” when a re-release is apparently right around the corner.

5. Kylie generally doesn't debut new material live*, so it's understandable why she went with a single—even if its release was scrapped.

*Yes, there are the notable exceptions of "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" and "New York City."

6. i might be a bit loopy but the production of this new bop reminds me of a more upbeat Say Something which I've been really hammering it recently, the lyrics have helped me get through my grief.

It's the kind of sound I think she should develop and use more. Synthy-esque beats with real instruments added in.

mcuk likes this.
  7. SO maybe one in a week or two then the next in november/December the week before the album?
    I hope we don't have to wait too long for the re-issue.

8. Great news if true-fingers crossed!!

dell321 and SecretSatisfaction like this.
  9. She specifically referred to it as an “album track” at the taping - which seemed odd.

One other detail that no one has mentioned from that night is that they were playing Call Me Maybe in between takes - and then kylie sang the first line and said how much she loved that song.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  10. Per BlackoutZone mentioning that the first re-release single is also a collab, the Olly song seems to make sense. Due the second week of October.

Also from him about the entire release:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Elvenpath, Grins and Disco Tears like this.
  11. More tea from him

A new single from Kylie with a feature is coming on about a ~second week of October

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  12. This is all so exciting! DISCO was my soundtrack for the last months of 2020 so it will be great to have the re-issue in the last months of 2021.

Wayne1978 and YourOwnThing like this.
  13. Did we previously know that there's a song with Olly? I think I might have missed that.

14. She’s not waiting for the Ed song to release the album surely - I mean she provides backing vocals that you can’t even hear. Also they could include the Jessie song on the digital version without having it on the vinyl.

I didn’t realise the Olly song was an actual collab - I just thought he’d written it.

elektroxx likes this.
  15. The song she does vocals for Ed is already out though? Or am I missing something?

elektroxx likes this.
  16. I think the ABBA album will be huge and that can only be a good thing for Disco round 2.

17. And it's not even a disco song.

18. I guess that it'd demonstrate what a savvy business woman Kylie is by attaching a UK Top 5 single to the re-release. However, it would be ridiculous to delay the project to include a track where she provides inaudible backing vocals.

YourOwnThing likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.