Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1022 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Yep, a very confident vocal and a great performance!

Adora Day likes this.
  2. Abba’s pre-orders are over 80,000 in the U.K. alone. Now how front loaded that may be we won’t know until after release week but it’s going to sell A Lot!

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  3. I don't think @elektroxx is suggesting the ABBA album isn't going to sell well, but after the initial first week with all it's pre orders and hype, it might not hold up as well as Ed or Adele will. People will have clamoured for the pre order as soon as it hit, it's whether or not they can sustain good sales afterwards.
    Ed and Adele are sure to sell as well as, if not more, in the weeks following their debuts, a lot more than ABBA likely will.

VivaForever, elektroxx and Anjoel40 like this.
  4. I really don’t think a re-release is going to be making major waves on the charts anyway, so it doesn’t matter. It’ll inflate Disco’s sales and that’s the job done.

lushLuck, mcuk, Alenko and 4 others like this.
  5. I was thinking the other day, I'd love if Kylie did what Alanis Morissette and Gaga did and had a bunch of new remixes for the re issue. Maybe not the whole album like Gaga did, but Alanis had an EP where she got women )some more known than others) to remix a handful of the tracks off her latest album and they were great. Not only giving a new feel to some album tracks but also highlighting some lesser known names.
    Some of the Disco album tracks are prime for a good remix.
    Of course I need some new songs too, so a combo of the two please.

VivaForever likes this.
  6. I'm not sure anyone really has any idea what will happen regarding ABBA. It's not exactly familiar territory for an act to release a new album after 40 years. It also depends on what happens in terms of album promo and album reviews.

VivaForever and neinzedd like this.
  7. This is what I meant. Thank you for getting it.

inevitable and Celestial Mosaic like this.
  8. I can imagine the Abba album having longevity until the end of the year for Mum Christmas present.

I’d imagine a Kylie re-release in time for Christmas having a similar motivation as music still remains a great gift.

9. People are underestimating ABBA. I suspect they'll have a few special documentaries scheduled for the album release, then there is the Christmas single (which will have a music video) then the teasers for the tour...

Back to Kylie, I hope we get some news soon.

Adora Day likes this.
  10. I absolutely loved both performances. She looked and sounded great and it was amazing to see her interact with an audience again; it's been a long time. Can't wait for the reissue as Disco is probably my second or third favourite album of hers, and I hope she'll be able to tour next year.

11. Absolutely, ABBA have Christmas period (all the supermarkets will have that album in prime spots, next to ABBA Gold), then the launch of the avatar shows next summer (and you'd be naive to think that there's not a repack scheduled down the line). That album will sell consistently, even if the chart placements become highly variable.

Anjoel40 and SlowBurn like this.
  12. It was fantastic to finally hear Dance Floor Darling live, what a song, my absolute favourite song from Disco. That’s the first time I’ve loved Can’t Get You Out of My Head for years, they changed just enough to make it pop! Great to have live Kylie back.

13. I kind of love that Kylie had a costume change for a two song set. This is what I need from Kylie, tbh. Give me glam.

14. I’m just kind of confused why they’re wheeling out “Dance Floor Darling” when a re-release is apparently right around the corner.

15. Kylie generally doesn't debut new material live*, so it's understandable why she went with a single—even if its release was scrapped.

*Yes, there are the notable exceptions of "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" and "New York City."

16. i might be a bit loopy but the production of this new bop reminds me of a more upbeat Say Something which I've been really hammering it recently, the lyrics have helped me get through my grief.

It's the kind of sound I think she should develop and use more. Synthy-esque beats with real instruments added in.

mcuk likes this.
  17. SO maybe one in a week or two then the next in november/December the week before the album?
    I hope we don't have to wait too long for the re-issue.

18. Great news if true-fingers crossed!!

dell321 and SecretSatisfaction like this.
  19. She specifically referred to it as an “album track” at the taping - which seemed odd.

One other detail that no one has mentioned from that night is that they were playing Call Me Maybe in between takes - and then kylie sang the first line and said how much she loved that song.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.