Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1034 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. *Fans overthinking things before any official announcement and being underwhelmed shocker*
    [​IMG]

*Reasons to keep on living in 2021*
    2. Kylie and Jessie Ware – Kiss Of Life
    [​IMG]

Mr.Arroz, Sail On, myblood and 29 others like this.
  2. I think with those features she kind of checks off all the different age demographics of her fans. With that being said, I'm extremely excited for the Mrs. Gaynor collaboration. I'm also trying to stay hopeful that there will be no Sky productions.

3. The gays from the 80s

4. You mean 70's
    Gloria Gaynor had most of her success in the 70's.....

5. I was born in 1991 and have absolute respect for the icon that is Gloria Gaynor. I can’t wait for the collaboration. And it’s not an age thing but a musical education thing.

6. When the gap between the final release from the album and its re-release is longer than the length of the original era, I feel like it was safe to assume that we'd be getting more than three new tracks and a new remix from a re-release that spans five discs.

7. Meh. I'm entitled to my opinion and a Gloria Gaynor collaboration doesn't sound very interesting to me. Don't get me wrong, I do like her hits and that's it.
    Also, nobody will like a song just because of musical education. I mean, it's cute that Kylie asked her to be on the album and it will probably be a nice album track but I was hoping to get at least 5 new collabs with more interesting artists or at least more solo songs.

8. I'd prefer a proper new album next year anyway.
    As opposed to having lots of new material tacked on to a deluxe edition of Disco.

AlmostFamous and SloMover like this.
  9. Except that’s not exactly what you said, you implied a Gloria Gaynor duet would interest no one but ‘80s gays. I doubt anyone would have reacted if you’d just said that prospect doesn’t appeal to you specifically.

myblood, Chris Lala, zacagay and 14 others like this.
  10. Could a new album really come as soon as next year?

11. Shitting on "gays from the 80s" in a Kylie thread of all places is...bold!

Anyway this looks like it's going to be great regardless - the cover art is fantastic and I love the collaborators.

Mr.Arroz, myblood, hownee and 21 others like this.
  12. I can't imagine a new album coming any time soon, tbh. Surely the whole point of re-releasing Disco was to revive the era enough to announce a tour supporting the album. I don't see anything coming until late 2023 at the earliest.

13. I would be a lot more excited for a Guest List edition if it included a new song with the Club Disco queen: Dannii. Make that multiple new songs.

I am looking forward to the Jessie Ware track though. I hope it’s produced by James Ford.

hownee likes this.
  14. I’m excited to have the F9 and Basement Jaxx remixes readily available. I’m a bit disappointed that there are only 3 new songs, but Dua and Ariana only had 4 brand new songs on their rerelease so it’s not unprecedented (Jessie spoiled us with 6).

inevitable likes this.
  15. Jessie Ware! Gloria Gaynor! And an irritating twink.

16. well, maybe the female feature he couldn’t remember is Gloria Gaynor. My lawd, straight people, how could you not remember that!

17. Steps

18. This is sending me. Why not just make the CDs the same for both if they're going to have the same tracks in the end?
    Because it's the Kylie thread. Remember when Step Back in Time was going to be all-new re-recordings?

Deleted member 29801 likes this.
  19. Not gonna say I’m not a little disappointed at that track list. A couple more solo tracks would have been nice.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    myblood, Timbo, Elvenpath and 5 others like this.
  20. A Kylie repack would always just tie loose tracks and remixes with 1-2 bonus tracks, so we're getting more than than, be happy. She always keeps songs for next projects. Steps had a brand new album for the repack but both albums include around 20-22 songs? Same as this at the end of the day.

Mr.Arroz, hownee, Chris Lala and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.