Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1040 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. She could easily tour and focus on Disco and the 20th anniversary of Fever. The Can’t get Disco Out Of My Head Tour!

Anjoel40, mpl and linum like this.
  2. Nah, Kylie is a long way from having to tour old albums. A Disco tour is all she needs.

3. She only sung 6 songs from Fever on the tour, which second to Kiss Me Once, makes it very underrepresented tourwise.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  4. Bit of both. It looks good and I love the sound and the crackly bits on vinyl.

elektroxx likes this.
  5. Nobody needs more than 6 songs off Fever.

Indigo, lob0to, bonnieetclyde and 9 others like this.
  6. That's half the album and sounds about right for someone with a back catalogue like Kylie's. That said, I'd like a Fever medley in the Disco tour which includes Love Affair.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  7. 'Come Into My World' needs another outing on this tour. It hasn't been performed fully (the request in Brazil was only a snippet) since the second round of Kylie Christmas at the Royal Albert Hall, and even that was the ballad version.

myblood, Alenko, linum and 6 others like this.
  8. I agree, long, long overdue a live comeback. My favourite Fever single too!

Espeon and Jacques like this.
  9. Haha it’s not, but it’s a great song! Very disco, camp, lots of whispering vocals.
    The Years & Years song is less disco.

Alenko, lushLuck, Grins and 2 others like this.
  10. Any idea who the producer is? Also what about the third track, have you heard it?

Jackooh likes this.
  11. I’m sure Biff did One Second To Midnight, not sure who produced Kiss Of Life. I don’t know anything on the other track.

AndrewX, inevitable and Grins like this.
  12. Agreed.
    Some of the Golden tour dates in Europe only held 1,700 people. I think Paris, Amsterdam, Belgium she can still pull 5,000-ish.

13. I don’t understand the demand for another Dannii duet, to me their voices are so similar it kind of defeats the purpose of a duet. Excited for the new songs and to see Infinite a disco as I haven’t seen it yet. Can’t wait for some new videos finally, I really hope these songs are as good as the other Disco songs.

Elvenpath likes this.
  14. Yeah I feel the same. I love Dannii but just because they are sisters, doesn't mean we need a Minogue sister duet.
    I hope the Olly & Jessie songs are modern takes on disco, and the Gloria song is a throwback, in the vibe of 'Anyone Wanna Party?'

15. To be honest I see very little European appeal in Golden. I admittedly turned off for a large chunk of that era myself and I love Kylie.

Disco feels a lot more different and international.

Princeuk and dell321 like this.
  16. Yeah, no. Never said it was because they’re sisters.

17. From Sisters Are Doing It, Winner Takes It All and 1000 Degrees there really is no need for another duet given how underwhelming each one has been.

This one is particularly terrible -

18. I can understand that.
    Did DISCO chart better across Europe too?

19. To be fair that one is intentionally over-the-top camp and cheap sounding - like something Pete Waterman knocked up in 5 minutes at the arse end of 1998 - for the scripted TV series it was recorded for.

20. If Kylie & Dannii could meet in the middle - Kylie's brings her pop sensibility and Dannii brings her 'Queen of the Clubs' sensibility, a duet could rock?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.