Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1041 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. To be fair that one is intentionally over-the-top camp and cheap sounding - like something Pete Waterman knocked up in 5 minutes at the arse end of 1998 - for the scripted TV series it was recorded for.

2. If Kylie & Dannii could meet in the middle - Kylie's brings her pop sensibility and Dannii brings her 'Queen of the Clubs' sensibility, a duet could rock?

3. Their cover of the Winner Takes It All is better than all of Disco and those are cold facts. It only sounds cheap if you link a poor quality video of it.

4. So it's intentionally meant to sound bad?

5. If anything, this would suggest that perhaps the best way to get a good duet between the sisters would for it to be released by Dannii as the lead. Every example listed was a Kylie release, besides "Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves," which was for Young Talent Time, so it hardly counts.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  6. I forgot this Kylie-penned song for Dannii.

I think they're both great. Just not together.

7. I've said this before but I need her to go back to arenas in Europe and stay that way till she retires like Cher. Her legacy deserves that. I think DISCO could have brought her back there if it wasn't for the pandemic but maybe people missing her shows will do the trick. And I hope she brings it every tour. I don't understand how Steps only tours UK when Kylie tours Europe and Australia and their last tour stage looked so much bigger than Golden.

Also about the tour I think it's time we hear Come into My World, Disco Down, Please Stay, Red Blooded Woman and for sure, Miss a Thing!

8. The Fever preorder came at 9am BST right? Hopefully the Disco preorder (if we are getting it today) will come at the same time - in 45 minutes.

9. totalhate likes this.
  10. I will need Burning Up and Love affair too please.

AlmostFamous, LovingDays and AndrewX like this.
  11. totalhate and AndrewX like this.
  12. I doubt she can tour big arenas in Europe until (…) she has a big hit again.

She came to a very small arena here with Golden and I loved the atmosphere.

13. Because outside of the UK, Steps didn't experience that much success and the success that they did experience outside of the UK was two decades ago.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  14. andru and Heretic like this.
  15. WAIT the original album is extended??

blod likes this.
  16. A 2LP of extended mixes too… gorgeous!!
    [​IMG]

LPT, Robbietoxic, blod and 16 others like this.
  17. It’s announced officially! 12th November!

wolfgangna, Robbietoxic, HMD and 7 others like this.
  18. W2K

W2K

I hope the extended mixes will be available digitally!

myblood, hollaa01, djstewartt and 5 others like this.
  19. You can buy the 3LP Guest List Edition & 2LP Extended Mixes for £50 as a bundle, or get both together in a limited slipcase with a turntable slipmat for £25 more!

Juango, Alenko and Voicething like this.
  20. I hope the extended mixes get a non vinyl release.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.