Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1052 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. I need more listens.
    It's on iTunes AUS

I like the part before the chorus the best.

2. The getting some D lyrics being true is sending me.

myblood, HMD, YourOwnThing and 4 others like this.
  3. Gosh... she's serving so much in those 9 seconds.

4. If you listen closely you can hear
    Olly whisper “barely”!

5. This is a perfect care-free bop. Love it.

The bridge is sublime.

mcuk, varjak, SBK and 1 other person like this.
  6. I know it’s already 3:30 but I wish it had another chorus at the end.

7. It's giving me the coat from the What Do I Have To Do video.
    I'm wondering if they're revisiting some of her early looks.

Wayne1978, mcuk, Adora Day and 3 others like this.
  8. It's pretty good, and I prefer it to Starstruck. I definitely view it more favourably through the lens of it being a bonus track than the era's lead single.

mcuk, blaze_dave, HorseTears and 3 others like this.
  9. SBK

SBK

I like it. But its no Say Something, Magic, Supernova or Last Chance.

10. Oh, now that's a fantastic bop.

11. Love it, the Cutting Crew comments are on point. I don’t expect much from it but as a bonus it’s wonderful.

Also, I don’t know what it is but everytime Kylie premieres a new single it always seems to be when I’m on annual leave even though it’s never planned. She knows.

WhatKindOfKylie? and Daniel L like this.
  12. Damn this is great. I am loving the Cutting Crew vibe to the track. Very catchy, worth the wait.

13. Reflecting upon this description, it was quite accurate. It's like a sister track to "I Love It," which I mean as a compliment, being one of the few fans who loves "I Love It." Kylie and Olly sound really good together. It definitely skews a bit more campy than "Real Groove" and "Miss A Thing," but that's not necessarily a bad thing. And I must admit that I do prefer "Crave," but I do prefer this to a large portion of Disco.

I wonder if "Can't Stop Writing Songs About You" will lean more nu-disco like "Real Groove" and "Miss A Thing," as it is produced by the same team.

inevitable and BrokenHearts like this.
  14. My only slight criticism is I'd wished it leaned more on I Just Died In your Arms - 80s-biting songs are big big right now on charts / radio (yes I know she's not bothering those, thanks), it'd only help more. I'm guessing Kylie Ann Minogue AO, OBE is not about that sharing credits life, which is smart too.

Runawaywithme, lushLuck, mcuk and 3 others like this.
  15. It’s catchy but again quite subtle. I think it will be a real ear worm on repeated listens.

16. SBK

SBK

Yes, a bit more 80s would improve it greatly.

(But I guess she's already done 80s)

17. Wait what? I love I love it.

Runawaywithme, HMD, mcuk and 6 others like this.
  18. I remember a lot of y'all being underwhelmed when it was released as a pre-release track. Not sure if opinions have changed, but it was the first track from the era that I loved.

Alenko and hollaa01 like this.
  19. I Love It is a not only a top-tier Disco album track, it’s also top-tier Kylie.

VeryPSB and elektroxx like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.