Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1057 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. The swapping is really cool as I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me at first. They both look great with each other’s hair.

craiggci, blod, Mr. Mr. and 2 others like this.
  2. Very few classic artists have her level of quality control.

3. Island

Island Staff Member

It’s a cute song but Olly sounds a bit painful….

4. The video is like a visual representation of how the gays see themselves in her, and vice versa. Interesting.

Seraphim, Alenko, Vyrisus and 10 others like this.
  5. I know this is what radios and playlists look for, but the track is too short !

6. Is there a bundle 5 disc edition + cdsigle ?
    She could have added at least an extended version of one of the album songs in the cdsingle, if she doesn't bother a proper remix of ASTM

etienne likes this.
  7. I love it and seeing her dance like that is a joy!

8. Well isn't that a bloody good pop video.

I feel like Kylie has always had that special star quality but it really feels elevated since Glastonbury. She just looks so assured and and a different kind of confident.

I feel like the whole Disco era and learning the tricks of the trade have really enhanced her artistry!

tommylander, nbtsa, Mr.Arroz and 7 others like this.
  9. Fantastic video. Kylie looks gorgeous and the switching gimmick is simple but effective. Plus the simplicity allows both Kylie and Ollie to be the focus. I wish both of their vocals weren't buried under this much production but other than that if the other videos are of the same standard, I'll be happy.

10. This would be a 10/10 song if it had someone other than Olly on it, I really hate his voice. Still, it's a solid bop and the video is her best in years. Although that's not hard when the last few have been so abysmal.

11. Kylie is back on form, and how!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2021
  12. I also wanted to say what is it with the Dua Lipa song, could they not get dua to re-record a duet with kylie rather than just use the infinite disco sample? If Dua has worked with so many different artists under the sun could they not get her to record a proper song with each other?

13. It was a proper recording, albeit probably not an in depth one - the mixing of her vocal isn’t especially good. Their mutual adoration means I don’t think it’s impossible Dua invites Kylie onto a future release.

elektroxx likes this.
  14. The song actually does nothing for me on first listen - I didn't even know that was possible for a Kylie song. Maybe I'm sick or something, so I will comeback to it later and hopefully it's just a phase.

Timbo and YourLeadSinger like this.
  15. Uno

Uno

The video is great for what it is. The masks were a fun idea and I loved seeing her do some choreo.

lushLuck likes this.
  16. Anyone else also getting Relax by Mika - it's the 'show me the way..' parts.

mcuk and Mr. Mr. like this.
  17. Ah yeah... I do hear that.

I like it. 'Twas fun.

18. Finally back from work, and got to check this out. Worth the wait that's for sure! An instant ear worm of a bop and Kylie and Olly look and sound great together. That video too? Wow, ageless Queen!! Can't beat the joy of new Kylie music and then some!

19. I am absolutely living for the video! Yes, Kylie!!! Show everyone how it's done.

20. It’s serviceable, definitely fits on the parent album (which I didn’t care for).

Bring on the Jessie Ware collaboration!

Timbo and blod like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.