Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1064 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. I didn't realize that Olly was so unpopular on here, tbh. Personally, I'm a fan.

He, SlowGinFizzzz, Mr.Arroz and 16 others like this.
  2. A day or so in and the song isn't getting much better, but isn't getting worse either. I like the lyrics and the Kylie verses are perfectly fine, but the chorus is a bit of a bore and at times she sounds like she is singing through gritted teeth. Olly's voice is so thin and he sounds like he has a constant cold.
    The spoken bits need to be more prominent and it needed a bit of an explosion after the middle 8. Going back to another vanilla chorus kills any momentum made.

All in all a 6.5.

Video is admittedly brilliant though.

3. His record on women is horrible.

I don't get the hate either.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  4. It’s been horrible to see all the mean spirited comments directed at Ollie these past few days. He’s a talented young guy and a decent role model for young gay kids. Shame some feel the need to hate all over that

He, roblognick, Mr.Arroz and 25 others like this.
  5. Totally agree, it's unbelievable to me that there are so many mean spirited people out there, not to mention they are so wrong, he sounds incredible and they have undeniable chemistry...side note this reaction as usual is spot on.

6. Olly is hot!

roblognick and MrWonderfulPop like this.
  7. I think Olly works great on the track. The certain criticisms SayHell members have of him is irrelevant when you factor in their stance on everything else.

I can only speak for myself when I say I’ve been actively wanting Kylie to collaborate more, and to see her working with someone who she’s so clearly influenced is a pretty special moment. More of the same please.

8. That’s the best I’ve seen her look for a long time. Stunning.

I love Olly/Years and Years. The track is a triumph, it’s a shame she’s passed her commercial prime as I used to love tracking her new singles on iTunes/Spotify etc.

MrWonderfulPop likes this.
  9. I ought to point out I have no problem with Olly as a person and I have said how much I respect him. I just hate his voice. It’s not like I wish any evil on him.

10. They are downright disgusting and they have also been saying Gloria Gaynor and Jessie Ware are below someone of Kylie's stature. Most of them live in an alternate reality and no wonder Kylie herself swerved that place entirely when she was dropping tracklist clues for Disco last fall.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  11. *coughs in Nervo*

blod and inevitable like this.
  12. The only people below Kylie’s stature are hobbits and I don’t know if I can foresee a Kylie feat. Frodo collab coming anytime soon.

Ddarko77 likes this.
  13. Olly is great in the song.

I think they sound great together.

Daniel L likes this.
  14. I love it!

15. Yes, some of the comments were salty. Seemed a lot of bitterness towards him. Shame as I think he is a great role model and talent.

roblognick, IntoTheBlue and hollaa01 like this.

16. I think the elves had better taste in music.

17. Well, this infectious little earworm has already become pretty damn irresistible to me. It somehow simultaneously feels very 70s, 80s and 90s/early 2000s all at once.

18. Am I the only one who hears bits of “Crying at the discotheque” which I know sampled another song from the 70s so fits in with the Disco theme

Anjoel40 likes this.
  19. I love the song and the video, they did well considering there was a limited budget, talk about being creative i love it.

I this this re-issue of Disco is shaping up very nicely indeed and might even exceed my expectations.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.