Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1088 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is she just talking or will she perform as well? Not sure how the format works now.

2. MB

MB

"Jools chats to queen of pop Kylie Minogue ahead of the release of her new album Disco: Guest List Edition, which sees her reworking her 2020 Disco LP to include a star-studded cast of guest features from the likes of Gloria Gaynor to Dua Lipa. Kylie also shares her favourite performances from the Later… archive which includes Jessie Ware."

3. Shania Twain <3

inevitable likes this.
  4. I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on this, to be honest. One of many reasons why this World Cup shouldn't be happening.

As for the song: Waka Waka is kind of a bop but otherwise these things are usually terrible. I'm not sure Kylie is the best match for Demi trying to sing up their lungs on a record.

5. There's always the other perspective that by having people like Kylie and Demi Lovato that it's creating some room for LGBTQ+ culture.

I also agree that Qatar should not be hosting this World Cup.

PC20 likes this.
  6. As someone from the LGBTQ+ community in the region (Kuwait), it really bothers me when people in more tolerant societies think that they are doing us a favour by demanding artists, events, brands or whatever it may be boycott our countries until the laws change. Whenever an action like this is taken, all it does is create more hostility and hate towards us.

The truth of the matter is, even if the laws were less repressive our lives would not get much easier considering most of the limitations come from our direct families and society. The majority of us would still live a double life because we place huge value in our culture and family and would not want to lose them, regardless of our sexuality or gender identity. It's emotionally, mentally and even physically exhausting, but until we are ready to fight this fight from within, No amount of boycotting will change things.

7. I’m not even sure this is real. There’s no official mention of it anywhere outside of this tweet that I could find.

8. Saw this on Amazon, and don't know if it's been shared yet, but the track lengths for the extended mixes (think they are right, as the picture doesn't get any bigger)

Magic (5:32)
    Miss A Thing (5:20)
    Real Groove (4:23)
    Monday Blues (5:22)
    Supernova (4:55)
    Say Something (5:22)
    Last Chance (4:42)
    I Love It (5:02)
    Where Does The DJ Go (4:14)
    Dance Floor Darling (4:32)
    Unstoppable (4:54)
    Celebrate You (5:13)

clowezra, diegolcl and Juango like this.
  9. With the re-release I'm most excited about the extended versions.

nbtsa and Mvnl like this.
  10. Me too, looking forward to the extended mixes on vinyl and hopefully, digital also.

11. Not to be a Debbie downer here, but God forbid a song, an extended mix at that, passing the 6min mark. This will barely feel like an extended mix. This is supposed to be disco after all, where's my 14min string/bass/drums breakdown?
    [​IMG]

Tracy Jacks, LPT, RRS and 15 others like this.
  12. If you wanna compare with the standard edition:
    Magic 4:11
    Miss A Thing 3:56
    Real Groove 3:15
    Monday Blues 3:09
    Supernova 3:18
    Say Something 3:33
    Last Chance 3:04
    I Love It 3:50
    Where Does The DJ Go? 3:02
    Dance Floor Darling 3:13
    Unstoppable 3:35
    Celebrate You 3:43

clowezra likes this.
  13. If it’s that much of an issue just listen twice. It’s not the end of the world

14. Not them messing up Angèle's name (accent aigu instead of grave). Probably fake.

VivaForever likes this.
  15. those track lengths of the extended versions are giving me “what they were actually supposed to be before we trimmed everything for streaming” teas.
    I’m quite excited for them tho, despite being a DISCO agnostic

LoveMachine, Lapras, clowezra and 6 others like this.
  16. I agree.

17. I hope those extended mixes come to streaming services quick - like, release week quick.

Will somebody start the Thunderclap?!

18. Just reconfirming the extended mixes are vinyl only, yes?

EDIT:
    @jvckkk I guess you just answered my question nn

jvckkk and linum like this.
  19. Currently, yes.

Hopefully they go digital sometime in Dec. after the release.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  20. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.