Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1105 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. I'm with you on all on here.
    Especially about the Real Groove mix.
    That Initial Talk remix still kills.

2. The Initial Talk Remix gives me life. It’s the most PWL sounding thing she has done since those classic days with Stock Aitken & Waterman. That key change at the end is EVERYTHING

Wishlight, LPT, Stopremix and 4 others like this.
  3. Can't Stop Writing Bops About You might actually be my favourite from the bunch? It's very X / Body Language and I'm liking Gloria's bit as well quite a lot. I was scared they'd venture more into the Celebrate You sound but all 3 bonus tracks are stunning. Each showcasing a different side to the genre and they sound expensive.

Also, pleased to finally see the F9 mix of Say Something on streaming, Bimbo Jones gays won!

4. I don't know quite how I feel about "Can't Stop Writing Songs About You," but I'm definitely glad that it wasn't as schmaltzy as it could've been. I don't know if I could've dealt with another track akin to "Celebrate You."

5. I have to admit, it's another winner for me for Can't Stop Writing Songs About You. Loved it in an instant-extremely impressed with all the new songs this era. And to think, in total if you include Starstruck and Marry The Night, that's 21 new Kylie songs we've had since last July-lucky fans indeed!

mcuk, Wishlight, Cowboystyle and 2 others like this.
  6. She really is the gift that keeps on giving

mcuk, LPT, actorandlyricist and 3 others like this.
  7. Certainly is! And then some.

8. Can't Stop Writing Songs About You is fantastic.

I wish we had a few more original songs to truly make this version a "Guest List Edition", but I'd rather have 3 fantastic songs than nothing.

I'm not going to receive my vinyl today so wondering if the extended version of the album is somewhere available online?!

9. Can't Stop sounds like a Scissor Sisters song. It's camp and funky. I don't think it suits the disco vibe but a nice addition.

10. Okay, the girls are SERVING!!

3 out of 3.

11. Not to be contrarian but to be contrarian but the Gloria duet just isn’t delivering for me. Maybe it’s a grower but right now Kylie is 2/3 for me. Kiss Of Life remains a flaw-free, five star experiarnce!

12. Oooooh now I rather like Gloria's track, wasn't expecting to!

I'm disappointed The Infinite Disco and the Extended Version isn't up on streaming....is it coming later?

13. pdf

pdf

This may have already been answered but is there anyway to get Infinite Disco without buying the 5CD set?

14. Oh this Gloria Gaynor track is way better than I thought it would be. That baseline is incredible and Gloria sounds fab.

She’s on fire creatively at the moment, she needs to channel this into a new record immediately, I’m loving the development of the Disco sound. Agree, it’s giving me Body Language/Scissor Sister vibes, no bad thing.

Wayne1978, tj-x and mcuk like this.
  15. I tend to agree, three incredibly strong duets
    She really does have an incredible work ethic, particularly as someone with such a lengthy and fruitful career to rest on. When she could easily just ease off she chooses to do more and more and keeps pushing herself. She truly is a gift.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    mcuk likes this.
  16. nbtsa, Wishlight, Chris_P and 30 others like this.
  17. Really impressive work! Does anywhere give a breakdown of which stations are actually playing this, aside from BBC Radio 2?

18. Uno

Uno

I was personally way more excited for the extended mixes of the DISCO tracks rather than the new songs - I really hope she decides to put it on streaming eventually.

Mr.Arroz, Wishlight, Juango and 3 others like this.
  19. Ok but why are all three new songs devouring the original album for me? I can barely remember DISCO aside from a few tracks (“Say Something” is a hymn) but these three are just instanT.

Wishlight, JakobVision22 and mcuk like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.