Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1116 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On the one hand, yes, on the other hand I feel that there's still so much creative potential to explore between her and Jon Green - Radio On, Lost Without You and Say Something are all 5/5 for me.

bonnieetclyde, nbtsa, AndrewX and 4 others like this.
  2. They need to do some late 80s/early 90s-sounding powerballads.

3. I don't know why but suddenly I imagined Kylie singing the middle-eight of Take My Breath Away and now I want her to cover it?

4. Oh I can hear it, the middle 8 would suit her beautifully!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    Eel_Ssab and Andy French like this.
  5. I actually prefer the Infinite Disco mix of Say Something to the extended version - I love the “This is Love” vocals at the end of it.

Lately likes this.
  6. She could probably make more sales/coin if they put the extended on CD and tape...just sayin...
    Hopefully it will get a big boost in sales from the CD single...may even make the charts like Say Something and Magic did....

7. Considering this, I was genuinely surprised that Infinite Disco was bundled into The Guest List Edition. I was expecting it to be its own release with several different bundles—CD-only, DVD & Blu-ray-only and CD, DVD & Blu-ray.

bonnieetclyde and inevitable like this.
  8. The laser disc and video tapes are being prepared as we speak.

9. VHS and Betamax? That nostalgia train just don't let up.

10. Jessie living her (and our) dream. Loved the performance.

I was feeling the effects of the covid booster and flu jabs yesterday but watching Infinite Disco really perked me up, it was a great moment but also a reminder of how strange things felt last year. The album was such a bright spot in a dark time.

Stopremix likes this.
  11. The only tiny thing that has irked me this 're-release' period is the rushed singles. Second To Midnight and Kiss of Life are both spectacular but just as it seems Second To Midnight is taking off on Kiss of Life promo started. I know she wanted buzz before the album but Second To Midnight could have done that and saved the Kiss of Life video/promo until after and kept is dancing through Christmas.

Chris_P, roblognick and Mvnl like this.
  12. We’ve still got the Gloria video to come though. Honestly in the absence of any confirmed tour dates I think she probably wants the whole Disco era wrapped up by the end of the year. If Real Groove and Dancefloor Darling showed anything this year is that she’s not going to sell any records in Q1.

13. I feel like that might not necessarily be true, tbh. If promotional activity for Disco didn't completely cease at the end of Q4 and continued into Q1, there's no reason why Disco wouldn't have continued to sell. However, that wasn't the case.

Chris_P likes this.
  14. I think for “legacy” artists it’s pretty much impossible to have long album runs for new albums. With physical albums pretty much dead now outside the first few weeks of release a promo spot in January may have seen the album re-enter the chart at no 80 for a week but that would be it. Outside the top 10 the U.K. album chart is dominated by streaming, and Kylie doesn’t stream near enough to crack the album chart.

15. Has anyone made a gif of the end of the Kiss Of Life video yet? “A five star experience” deserves to be the new go to PJ gif.

YourOwnThing likes this.
  16. [​IMG]

Alenko, LPT, mpl and 7 others like this.
  17. You’re doing Frida’s God’s work.

And good heavens, the F9 Club Mix of Say Something is phenomenal. God tier. That stabbing piano refrain towards the end is glorious.

18. [​IMG]
    here’s one with text (sorry for the spam)

19. Anyone know the Monday midweeks?

MB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.