Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1117 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. MB

MB

At #9 in today's midweeks.

2. I gave Infinite Disco and for me, it was a bit of a let-down. She looked great and some of the mixes for the older tracks were lush, but other than Say Something and maybe Real Groove, all the Disco songs fell flat and sounded really empty. Some dodgy vocals from Kylie too.
    I guess the lack of a proper audience affected it though. It needed that rush of people cheering and interacting with Kylie.

3. I couldn’t agree less with this. It’s an absolute joy from start to finish and considering the time it was made I thought they did an amazing job. Looking forward to watching on HD on the Blu-ray

Mr.Arroz, JMRGBY, Leogin and 17 others like this.
  4. Yeah Infinite Disco was a complete triumph, the only song that could potentially have been cut was Where Does the DJ Go. The Disco songs really shine in that live setting.

5. Just chiming in to say y’all are too harsh on Miss “Monday Blues”, she’s a catchy one. She and “Supernova” are a bit too early on the tracklist though, for a second I thought I had the album on shuffle.

6. The new extended mix has completely changed my opinion of this song. I love it now

MrWonderfulPop and blod like this.
  7. #9 seems surprisingly low. Considering there was 47 formats. There must be a big bulk of orders still unshipped??

8. There were 3 formats which is pretty low - cd, deluxe cd and vinyl.

Vasilios likes this.
  9. Say Something was the only one that didn't sound like she was just singing over the backing track of the album version. I'm sure in a proper live setting they will come alive with better mixes, but they were overshadowed by tracks like In Your Eyes and Slow which really popped. I'm sure given more time to work things out they will really nail the Disco tracks though,
    Kylie's show are always about the audience and Kylie coming together and that was lacking here. No matter how good the stage was or how good she looked, the lack of audience showed.
    The choir was sublime though and really elevated All The Lovers and Say Something.

SlowGinFizzzz likes this.
  10. No 9 is a bit disappointing but I guess it doesn’t really matter as it will just be a reflected as a re-entry for Disco which has already been to no 1 anyway. I’m more interested in what the sales are.

inevitable and P'NutButter like this.
  11. Anybody that ordered the limited version on the official site has to wait until December. So a chunk is missing in sales this week, sadly.

12. 9 seems a lot higher than I thought. Nobody outside of her hardcore fans is going to care about Infinite Disco and very few people will buy the same album again for 3 new songs.

13. Cheer up @Celestial Mosaic

I think Infinite Disco was great, I re-watched it the other night and it was a joy to watch and I thought she sounded great.

No.9 is somewhat disappointing as she'll no doubt drop over the coming days. Then again, is there any promo happening to support this release?

JMRGBY, Mikey1701 and Anjoel40 like this.
  14. Even including those factors, I thought she'd have midweeked in the top 5. It's unlikely she'll be in the top ten come Friday and I would have thought a re-entry in the top ten would have been a shoe-in.

15. She’s sold 8.6k. The Wanted, Damon Albarn and Idles are ahead of her and will also be frontloaded, so she may overtake them, though Bruno Mars at no 10 is doing well on streaming so will probably overtake her. If she really cares about a top 10 she could sign some copies, but I’m not sure she does.

Also - to give some context - today’s figure alone would have given her a top 5 hit in virtually all other weeks this year.

16. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

From the way her team games the charts by releasing 9,000 versions for the bundles of sticks to buy 20 times, #9 is pretty shocking. Then again this has already outperformed every album since Aphrodite so... there isn't much to worry about.

17. 8.6k to midweek at number 9 is surprising. Those sales would have midweeked her in the top 3 just a few weeks ago. Must be an enormous sales week (by modern standards)

Stopremix, WhatKindOfKylie? and -Jay- like this.
  18. I am lowkey obsessed with the Initial Talk remix of “Real Groove”, it had me with the “K-K-K-K-Kylie”.

LPT, Stopremix, Mikey1701 and 2 others like this.
  19. 9 is a disappointment? For a re-release, I think that’s fabulous.

Mr.Arroz, Shelby '68, Alenko and 10 others like this.
  20. Just for some added context, her sales to be midweek #9 today are higher than last Monday’s midweek #3 had sold. It’s an incredibly busy release week! I think the sales are pretty decent for a reissue!

Robert, Mr.Arroz, Alenko and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.