Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1125 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Good sales for a re issue. That would probably have been top 5 other weeks.

hollaa01 likes this.
  2. The fact it’s comfortably over 150k only a year in is no mean feat considering she’s not on a major label.

But I do think striking while the irons hot (again) and working on that electro pop record and doing a supersized tour in a couple of years seems a good idea.

3. 140 surely? It's not cleared 150K yet. Not that it's sales are disappointing.

4. This feels like the end of the campaign now. Better to focus on recording and releasing new material, do another promotion cycle in a year or so and then go out on tour with no global restrictions after that.

5. Oops, that’s my bad. I thought it read 152k. Either way it’s done very well.

6. Now that release week is over, please let's have the extended mixes on digital!

7. A Second To Midnight really is that bitch, now the dust has settled a little on the new songs, it’s definitely my favourite of the 3. In fact, it’s in my top 5 Disco songs along with Real Groove, Dance floor Darling, Say Something and Magic. What a singles run, I’d love to know how these songs would have charted for Kylie in her peak.

8. It's been a few years, but as I recall, they curtained off the upper half of the Bowl for both of Kylie's US tours. Which, to be honest, isn't such a bad thing. I have a love/hate relationship with the Bowl. Love because of the atmosphere and the tradition of the LA summertime ritual of concerts at the Bowl. But, hate because of how deeply carved into the mountain the venue is. The upper sections of the Bowl feel so disconnected from the venue/event. You honestly feel more connected to the performer in the upper reaches of the Staples Center which holds at least 3,000 more people.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. I’m still waiting for my extended mixes vinyl. I do wonder if they delayed putting them on digital (and dispatching the vinyl) because the sales don’t count towards the figures for the original album. So, once the album drops, there would be no reason to leave the extended mixes off streaming/download.

YourOwnThing, Anjoel40 and Juango like this.
  10. Did we find out if the extended vinyl count towards the Disco chart, or if they're a new entry? If the extended mixes don't count towards the main album total, then surely the slipcase boxset in December won't count towards either total and will chart as a brand new combined release?

11. I believe the 2009 show was basically sold out, but the hedges were definitely brought out for the 2011 show. I’m also mixed about the Bowl. It’s stunning, but unless you have a box or pit seats, it feels like you might as well not be there. The benches are too small for the amount of people they stuff into them, walking up & down the hills is a nightmare, and you can barely make anything out from most seats outside of the fireworks.

HorseTears likes this.
  12. I don't know if it was already posted but in this Interview when mentioned the Disco tour, she said that she's "waiting" but for what?

13. I’d imagine there are a lot of variables. Complicated even more by the pandemic and Brexit for European dates.

topopMAC1, lob0to and YourLeadSinger like this.
  14. I got mine on Wednesday to LA, CA - def write them

AndrewX likes this.
  15. Just a tad addicted to the extended version of Unstoppable aka boppable. The intro with those strings and synths.

[​IMG]

16. In Australia, Extended Mixes charted as a separate release, which makes sense because none of the tracks from Disco appear in their original form.

lob0to, Mr.Arroz and actorandlyricist like this.
  17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Settled for the 5-disc version + the extended mixes on vinyl. Figured if I'm gonna shell out for vinyl that it should be just as long as possible.

18. The extended version of Say Something is just so powerful. I'm amazed how much it manages to move my worn and tired millenial soul.

blod likes this.
  19. I think that’s true in U.K. too. You need a certain number of tracks in the original form for it to be considered the same album.

elektroxx likes this.
  20. It'll be counted as a remix album, which were stopped from being charted alongside the original in the January 1997 chart rules.

elektroxx and iveivan like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.