Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 1170 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. So on my shuffle today Drunk came on followed by the initial talk remix of Real Groove and honestly, the pairing is rather perfect! The inhale of breath she does at the end of Drunk followed by the ‘ahhh’ at the start of the Real Groove remix is the transition I didn’t even know I needed

2. Me! I’ve not found anyone else championing it apart from me, I don’t understand why it seems to be everyone least fave!

Philllll and burntoutcar like this.
  3. I love "Spotlight" too. The "...so crazy" hook just embeds itself into me.

Philllll and actorandlyricist like this.
  4. Yes! I love Spotlight, that gentle keyboard at the beginning just warms the soul, i wish it lasted a bit longer! The song overall, i agree, is one of those that eventually worms its way into your brain.

5. Still think Spotlight is one of the weakest songs on the album-and in Kylie's career too am afraid. Each to their own of course though!!

Wayne1978 likes this.
  6. Spotlight is fine. I've never once listened to it outside of playing the entire album, and to me it doesn't draw much attention to itself, but I don't dislike it.

Unless of course we're talking about Jessie Ware's Spotlight, which is one of the best songs on its album, which is no mean feat!

7. Listening to Golden the last week I can say there is nothing I find as "meh" on DISCO as I find 'Live A Little' and 'Rollin''. 'Spotlight' (funnily enough) is the closest, but the rest is so good.

8. Spotlight is harmless enough but the half arsed “woop woop” in the post chorus always winds me up

9. Spotlight is lovely. I’ve said it many times before, but it feels like that moment at the end of the night when the lights turn on at everyone starts leaving the club.

YourOwnThing and Daniel L like this.
  10. Nn isn’t that when everyone looks absolutely terrible.

ManilaChinchilla, He, blod and 6 others like this.
  11. It's the song playing that nobody is paying attention to because they are getting the hell out. Apt.

RRS likes this.
  12. I forget Spotlight exists unless I listen to the original album in full, which isn't often now I have my own version. It's just so....nothingy. It's not offensive enough to warrant hate but there's nothing to endear it to me. It's the music equivalent of a plain white room.

burntoutcar likes this.
  13. Not me thinking I walked into the Jessie Ware thread and started sharpening my knives.

14. The song you hear which signals you ain’t getting laid.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  15. Supernova was used as the lip sync song in the Drag Race U.K. vs the World final.

16. What a lacklustre lip sync.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    CarlysAngel likes this.
  17. Well thanks for spoiling it for me. Not everyone watches it live. Could have done the decent thing and put it in tags for a day or two.

18. Assuming the Disco era is done.

19. One day I wish a queen just kills a Kylie lipsync. Four lipsyncs in and it hasn’t happened.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  20. Maybe it’s the wrong queens. I’ve seen Envy Peru do Kylie and she kills it. And Naomi Smalls does a Kylie lip sync justice.

YourOwnThing and hownee like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.