Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 430 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. It’s on the music week app! Such a great article! Loved when it said...

‘’DISCO.. perhaps the most hotly-anticipated album of a mouth watering Q4 slate’’.

This is gonna be BIG.

2. "I'm curious and I love to try everything"

Not my Grindr bio Kylie!

3. My colleague got a review link - he exclusively writes about music for many publications - but it’s offline now and he didn’t tell me in time.

He said he listened once and it’s a joy and disco though and through though. That’s all he had to say.

I hate him.

4. SBK

SBK

"Should have been the first single" "Would have gone straight to number one"

5. Should have been the cover!

6. Disco heaves with floor fillers and party-starters such as Real Groove, Monday Blues, Last Chance and Minogue’s own favourite, Dancefloor Darling, that pay homage to every golden age of dance music, and deserve to be playlisted everywhere.”

From the Music Week article.

Jacques, Ddarko77, Aester and 14 others like this.
  7. I had assumed that it wasn't going to be a 'faithful' disco album, so I'm excited to hear she's exploring dance music as a wider genre.

8. Those pics are kind of shit. What in the lightning hell.

Verandi and lob0to like this.
  9. Interesting that they chose not to reflect that in the two singles so far which are decidedly more midtempo.

Elvenpath, Grins and elektroxx like this.
  10. I feel like Dancefloor Darling is going to be the next single.

11. Supposedly single three was always intended as “the one” which would lead into the album release, so I wonder if that will be something more uptempo.

Hyrulian, inevitable, Grins and 2 others like this.
  12. Full MusicWeek transcript;
    It’s a great interview. They also seem to confirm the V&A livestream plans, so I’m sure we’ll be hearing more about that soon.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  13. My heart skipped a beat when she was asked about politics cause I know she never likes to go there but my god she so tactfully both answered and gently pivoted at the same time.

14. Well she kinda did the thrash metal remix of 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' on the Les Folies tour, so even that style wouldn't be a shock.

YourOwnThing likes this.
  15. Nice write up, wish we had the photos in high quality.

16. Me everytime I hear Outta This World by Britney Spears

17. MAGIC BTS VIDEO!

4Roses, Ddarko77, HorseTears and 15 others like this.
  18. I’m excited. Great interview.

19. That haircut looks really fierce on her

P'NutButter, Daniel L, HMD and 3 others like this.
  20. Absolutely love that interview. Always love reading about Kylie's thoughts on her music and making an album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.