Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is like dealing with a room of eight year olds being told Santa isn't real. The trembling bottom lips. The wailing. The tantrums. I make a cute lil single paragraph post detailing why I thought the album is poor and it suddenly prompts cries that I hate Kylie and joy, with everyone terrified to engage with me directly. Do y'all wanna actually say something or just keep acting like I came in and stomped on your super duper sparkly special glittery disco dolly princess's head?

And once again this year, we find ourselves in the thread of a bizarrely bubble-wrapped forum fave where "fun" and "camp" are basically coded to mean, "Yeah it's subpar but I love her, so." Like... something being fun isn't a get out of jail free card for something being poor. Something can be fun and good. Imagine that. Like Future Nostalgia and What's Your Pleasure, two albums that are being held as some weirdly unattainable goal for Kylie to hit like they're not just incredibly well made pop albums steeped in their influences. It's hardly something that's beyond her.

I just think how the album utilises its influences is limited and shallow. Can anyone actually disagree with that like an adult?

How many times are you going to say the same thing? Go and enjoy music you like.

There is no such thing as a stan war. It’s a macho societal construct to pit successful women against the other.
Right.
I'm all for camp as long as it's cool. One thing that I can say about Kylie over other major pop stars is that she has good taste. I love Madonna but can't say the same about her.
"Among" being the key word. Medellin was not in the upper echelon of Madonna streaming. And not to create a rivalry, Dancing was also "among" Kylie's most popular songs when it first came out. But it was never no.2 after Can't Get You Out Of My Head.
I wouldn't have minded Kylie on the Dua remix album. But only if it was something more imagined than the version with Madonna, where they just gave her a verse and a couple of other lines.
I personally find it odd that people join a discussion to announce that they're not interested in the new stuff. I'm a Madonna fan and the idea of a lifetime movie on her makes me want to vomit. But rather than me jump on that discussion and announce that, I'm just not joining in on that chat.
So then why are you bringing her up all the time?

Girl, if you don't want to engage with my posts, then... don't. No one's forcing you - or anyone else for that matter - to read my posts but you, and here you are, hanging on every word. So either engage with the content of my post in a meaningful way or get out of my notifications.

It’s incredible you get a free pass to repeat the same things a hundred times while other people don’t. It’s ok if you don’t Iike it but the bad energy I don’t understand.

Just had an email from the official store about the Deluxe CD, due to a shortage it is subject to a re-press and is due december 4th.

Admittedly it was a last minute whim purchase - as the book would match Golden and Step Back In Time and I have the 'normal' deluxe due tomorrow from Amazon but still.

I don't normally order multiple copies (outside of tracking down versions with bonus tracks etc.) and the one time I do!

Sold out on the website too now. Gutted and slightly worried whether it will be fulfilled....

Not the Deluxe CD being delayed so it’s delaying my entire order of clear vinyl, Say Something & Magic 7”s and a Tom Aspaul CD.

I’m just hoping it doesn’t affect the 7” singles when it comes to the whole order being shipped. Also not being funny but I paid £9.50 shipping to the UK... they should really just part ship the rest of the order now?!

I have no idea why people are arguing about Madonna on the evening of a new Kylie release. Let’s leave the Madonna vs Kylie hell in 2008 where it belongs. If people don’t like the album that is absolutely their prerogative and as long as the criticisms aren’t abusive (which they haven’t been), just let them go. Personally there is so much for me to enjoy as a Kylie fan on this record, and the reviews seem to be really positive too.

It’s incredible you get a free pass to repeat the same things a hundred times while other people don’t. It’s ok if you don’t Iike it but the bad energy I don’t understand.
I've posted my opinion on the album... twice? And the second time was to elaborate and clarify things after the first and at the time singular post about the album had caused this thread to go into a sub-posting meltdown. Why are you now just making things up? You're perched on my posts, it seems, so I'm not sure how you've miscounted. Can you just not count?

He/Him/His
I've posted my opinion on the album... twice? And the second time was to elaborate and clarify things after the first and at the time singular post about the album had caused this thread to go into a sub-posting meltdown. Why are you now just making things up? You're perched on my posts, it seems, so I'm not sure how you've miscounted. Can you just not count?
Pretty sure they are still upset that you didn't like Scatica and projecting accordingly

Christ Almighty this thread is all shades of ugly.

Anyway...I’m still bopping to this album. There’s some really good moments that as a fan of Disco Kylie I really appreciate. The deluxe tracks aren’t really doing anything for me, but they’re not bad.

This thread is like dealing with a room of eight year olds being told Santa isn't real. The trembling bottom lips. The wailing. The tantrums. I make a cute lil single paragraph post detailing why I thought the album is poor and it suddenly prompts cries that I hate Kylie and joy, with everyone terrified to engage with me directly. Do y'all wanna actually say something or just keep acting like I came in and stomped on your super duper sparkly special glittery disco dolly princess's head?

That is not what you wanted? And threating people like children is not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.