Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 549 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Question for those who have heard this already: will it work as a gym soundtrack?

Ralf Rotterdam and Anjoel40 like this.
  2. Amazon haven’t despatched my deluxe CD yet. I go to my order and it says ‘arriving by 11pm tomorrow’. I suppose I should be patient but I have a bad feeling about this. I order lots of stuff from Amazon and it mostly arrives with issues. However, the stuff you really want they fuck up. It’s like they know!

3. Surely you could email them and ask them to do so?

4. Had my email saying it's been dispatched. Can't wait to hear it tomorrow!!

Leogin and WhereIsTheFeeling like this.
  5. I’ve had emails from TMStores saying everything’s been dispatched but another email from Royal Mail says it’s arriving on Saturday, not tomorrow.

Leogin likes this.
  6. A little more variety would have been appreciated but this is stronger than the singles would have you believe.. Apart from Say Something, high points include:

Supernova
    Real Groove
    Miss A Thing
    & Celebrate You in all its ABBA-esque glory.

Someone should really go listen to Madam X if he's feeling that bitter and joyless.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  7. You don’t own the damn forum. Don’t wail or act like you’ve been told Santa isn’t real if people feel that they don’t want to reply to you directly.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  8. I don't really agree with some of @RJF 's criticisms of the album but I can see where they come from. He articulated himself perfectly well too, it's not like his dislike will affect my own views.

Which brings me to my main issue. There have been a few people not liking Disco and they have said why in a perfectly civil manner but it is the members who feel the need to leap on them that have the attitude, which in turn makes this thread hard to visit. It's not a big deal at the end of the day. It's just music.

I have had this happen before, usually they dispatch it in the small hours of the morning and it arrives late afternoon. I hope it works that way for you!

9. The only song I dislike on the album is Monday Blues, bit of a racket really. The rest I can use. It sounds very much a mix of Light Years and a bit of Fever with some current influences too. I feel like it could have done with a big disco belter like On A Night Like This and it's just not there. I have only listened once though. I really did like Supernova, Where Does The DJ Go, Dancefloor Darling, Fine Wine and the singles. I am sure I will love it even more with more listens.

Princeuk likes this.
  10. It’s really easy to just not post in here if things are getting too intense ddd

Island, inevitable, andiemal and 5 others like this.
  11. I like "DISCO". It's not an interesting album, but I like it.

dodoriazarbon and HMD like this.
  12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Can everyone please just take a breath before they hit Post Reply on this thread?

Some people like Disco. Some people don’t. No need for anyone to get huffy about it.

And there’s also no need to start name-calling. So don’t do it.

melodrama, tea, AlmostFamous and 13 others like this.
  13. Thanks. It probably will. I do tend to work myself up!

14. RJF

RJF

Replying to me about a member who was replying to me telling me that it’s okay for people to reply to me if they’re indirectly replying to me... Did this make sense before your edit?

15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Okay, let’s take a little time-out.

Lately, tea, AlmostFamous and 22 others like this.
  16. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

[​IMG]

Let's move swiftly on and talk about Disco, the album that isn't even out yet...

...and I won't hesitate to threadban anyone who kicks off any personal attacks again.

tea, Anjoel40, lob0to and 26 others like this.
  17. Do you believe in Magic?

londonrain likes this.
  18. The album is even more wonderful after repeated listens, I’m actually surprised by the divisive response! More than anything it aligns with her personality so well, which makes me love the record even more.

19. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I've spent most of my time today hanging out in the US Election thread. What do you think?

Denemarken, melodrama, tea and 8 others like this.
  20. That you believe in tragic.

LPT, DirtyKnees, tea and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.