Am I listening to the same tracks? Could not disagree more.I know I said this three times now but just started on this album and Miss A Thing/Real Groove have so much potential but she still sounds bored as fuck (the same issue I had with all the pre released tracks).
It was like someone forced her to record it in the studio. Where is the joy? It’s just so lifeless and flat.
She sounded so much better on Golden. Sawry, drags.
My fellow super fan of a boyfriend and I just had our first listen and we both somehow completely agree (for once) that in our opinions...
- Miss a Thing is one of the standouts and an absolutely amazing second track.
- Where Does the DJ Go? is harmless but a lot of fun.
- Supernova is great.
- Whoever said Last Chance is ABBA-esque was right on the money. Sounds so similar to Voulez-Vous at points.
- Dance Floor Darling is another standout and though the speed up is a little jarring at first, it’s fun and exciting.
- Monday Blues and Supernova are fillers along with I Love It
- and for the most part, all of the bonus tracks deserve to be bonus tracks. Which is amazing since I personally always think “why isn’t *insert song here* on the standard edition?”
Overall, not blown away nor disappointed but very happy and enjoying it. Exactly what I expected.
These are the stand outs for me as well. Those 5 feel like they hit the sweet spot of the modern disco vibe without veering too deeply into pastiche.So, the previously unreleased tracks that stand out the most for me after the first listen are: Miss a Thing, Last Chance, Real Groove, Dance Floor Darling and Unstoppable.
These are the stand outs for me as well. Those 5 feel like they hit the sweet spot of the modern disco vibe without veering too deeply into pastiche.