Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.
She certainly knows her audience ddd.
This interview is great, she’s really going into her influences for the album in depth. she sounds a lot more confident and eloquent than she did in the Zane Lowe interview.
Drove to work with Disco on - what a ride! Dancefloor Darling is the one! The punch of the first 3 songs are great!
A few photos from the Graham Norton Show performance and interview:
as her surprise song on Radio 2 tomorrow morning
Yasss! One of my favourite disco songs!
I know I said this three times now but just started on this album and Miss A Thing/Real Groove have so much potential but she still sounds bored as fuck (the same issue I had with all the pre released tracks).
It was like someone forced her to record it in the studio. Where is the joy? It’s just so lifeless and flat.
She sounded so much better on Golden. Sawry, drags.
Am I listening to the same tracks? Could not disagree more.
Maybe it’s just me.
BUT I’m at Monday Blues now and this sounds more alive and Supernova too.
Edit: She sounds alive on Last Chance as well.
My fellow super fan of a boyfriend and I just had our first listen and we both somehow completely agree (for once) that in our opinions...
- Miss a Thing is one of the standouts and an absolutely amazing second track.
- Where Does the DJ Go? is harmless but super enjoyable.
- Supernova is great.
- Whoever said Last Chance is ABBA-esque was right on the money. Sounds so similar to Voulez-Vous at points.
- Dance Floor Darling is another standout and though the speed up is a little jarring at first, it’s a lot of fun.
- Monday Blues and Unstoppable are fillers along with I Love It
- and for the most part, all of the bonus tracks deserve to be bonus tracks. Which is amazing since I personally always think “why isn’t *insert song here* on the standard edition?”
Overall, not blown away nor disappointed but very happy and enjoying it. Exactly what I expected.
So, the previously unreleased tracks that stand out the most for me after the first listen are: Miss a Thing, Last Chance, Real Groove, Dance Floor Darling and Unstoppable.
Exactly the same here! (except for I Love It)
Real Groove is #13 on NMF UK (Spotify).
Okay this is shaping up to be amazing. Miss A Thing is stellar.
Indeed. Miss A Thing is impressive.
Dance Floor Darling is the one. Sounds like something that would have played over the end credits of a Goldie Hawn/Tom Selleck classic film. Just 3 minutes too short.
These are the stand outs for me as well. Those 5 feel like they hit the sweet spot of the modern disco vibe without veering too deeply into pastiche.
Those are my favorites from the album tracks, too. Where Does the DJ Go? is quite the rush, though. Reminds me of something Girls Aloud would have done with a "disco" theme.
I need “Miss a Thing” / “In Your Eyes” on a tour or the live stream.
Real Groove is #5 on New Music Daily (Apple Music).
Separate names with a comma.