Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 558 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Not a hater by any means but she sold 195k sales + streaming compared to her last record's 360k first week sales, clearly a decline due to lack of promo/lead time/radio-friendly material and limited physical copies, so I don't think Little Mix or Kylie with multiple singles on streaming, cassettes, vinyl, signed CDs should have any problem knocking her off. It's not an Adele or Taylor Swift situation.

2. That was the US where Kylie will be lucky to get top 75, but yeah she’ll have no problem in the U.K., Little Mix are the main competition.

3. Lame questions.
    But I guess some people view Kylie as part of the family and ask "lame" questions.

One thing about the ABC (Oz not US) Take 5 interview today, the host Zan called Kylie "The Queen" 2-3 times and Kylie giggled nervously, own it Kylie - you are the Queen in some parts of the world.

4. Maybe you are used to everyone around you being on energy drinks.

5. Dance Floor Darling just makes me want to spin around on the dance floor with glitter falling all around me.

6. “Celebrate You” is such a wonderful closer. She does album closers so well.

ohaimanabu, Lately, sexercise and 7 others like this.
  7. I’m manifesting a Dance Floor Darling/Disco Down medley.

Mikey1701 likes this.
  8. Ok so the good lady Kylie will be getting streams galore since it looks like my delivery of delicious DISCO goods won’t arrive til Saturday.

However for someone who wasn’t exactly overwhelmed on first listen the album is growing on me and the real revelation is I love the “bonus” tracks more than most of the album. Hey Lonely and Fine Wine are my initial standouts - fabulous pop songs! (I don’t always gravitate to the obvious fan favourites as my most listened to songs from Golden were Live A Little and Music’s Too Sad Without You).

Here’s hoping this is a hugely successful era for Ms Minogue following the last couple of years and that she is on fire this era!

Staticboombox and joeee like this.
  9. On first listen, I think this is probably my favourite.

man.tis.shrimp likes this.
  10. The large Disco Socks have already sold out :(

YourOwnThing likes this.
  11. Miss a Thing and Real Groove, oh my god! They are so beautiful, I wanna cry.

EDIT: I went through my first listen without looking at the credits and now that I do... As much as I love and respect him for the amazing Dancing and SMFF, Sky Adams has got to go after this. Every track that was too noisy or too grating to the ear etc.(although most have other redeeming qualities) turned out to be his. I'm sad cause those songs could sound stellar, too.

Other than that, what an amazing album! It's release day and I feel so joyous and thankful for Kylie.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    hologram, Anjoel40 and linum like this.
  12. These 2 + Magic are the perfect slinkier/funkier album openers.

wickedbruv and LovingDays like this.
  13. Just had my first listen on the bus on the way to work and I like it! I do have to agree with whoever said that someone of it seemed too fast though - there are some songs that seem like they’ve been sped up ever so slightly after and it makes them sound a bit erratic.

14. Nah I can just tell the difference when she’s more present in the vocals like the other tracks I’ve mentioned.

15. My faves:

Magic
    Miss A Thing
    Real Groove
    Monday Blues
    Say Something
    Last Chance
    Dance Floor Darling
    Fine Wine

By the way, Real Groove is very...

ohaimanabu, inevitable and JGoulden like this.
  16. Does Real Groove remind anyone else if Madonna's "She's Not Me"?

JGoulden likes this.
  17. She just did Magic acoustically, and is now doing In Your Eyes on Radio 2.

AlmostFamous likes this.
  18. Not sure if already posted, but all of the songs on YouTube have their own single style cover art, which is cute. Cut to an unnecessary BMG 7” Boxset of every album track next year ddd

ohaimanabu, Daniel L and JMRGBY like this.
  19. I've finally listen to the album, I'll keep it short and simple Disco is all I needed from Kylie. Thank you and goodbye.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.