Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 560 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Kylie truly said there will be gay rights on the radio today.

HorseTears likes this.

2. The chorus melody has much more in common with...

heartmightmelt likes this.
  3. A four star review in today's Times newspaper...

4. Finally heard the full album. I read some of your early thoughts but didn't seek out any leaks. I've got my signed album on the way, the single vinyls on the way but looks like the Deluxe vinyl is delayed to December? Ugh.

Stand out tracks for me are Miss A Thing, Real Groove, Supernova, Say Something, Last Chance, Dance Floor Darling, Fine Wine,

Monday Blues, Where Does The DJ Go?, Unstoppable, and Celebrate You are questionable though I bet Monday Blues will be amazing live (if she performs it).

5. Yeah, I don't think she sounds bored or that they are flat (well, Magic is, ddd, but I think it is simply that they chose the wrong key for Kylie thinking the drawn out vocals and lower tone would come across as 'cool' - she just sounds disconnected), but they are definitely the most low key songs on the album. The fact that they are considering to release a second one of these as a single when the rest of the album is there, I-

Judy Jetson Hooker likes this.
  6. Not sure if its been said but "where does the dj go" needs an extended mix ala Enough is Enough with a bigger ballad intro.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  7. Wow talk about absolutel bliss. My first day living together with my LDR boyfriend and listening to my #1 artist and Idol of all time! Kylie, you've made me a extremely happy fan today. I celebrate you indeed. And then some.

melodrama, Daniel L, Vyrisus and 10 others like this.
  8. Just had my first listen and it’s brilliant.

9. I imagine there was one originally but cut down due to it being 2020 and pop tracks being radio/streaming 3 minute friendly.

ohaimanabu and mrp2910 like this.
  10. Now I know even more than ever why Amazon Music is streaming service of choice.

11. HMD

HMD

Listening for a 3rd time with decent headphones and DISCO is a certified non-stop solid bop after bop affair.

12. At this point my opinion about Real Groove has improved since yesterday, Magic is still not good enough to waste time hearing it, Where Does the DJ Go? sounds even worse and I'm probably never listening to it again I hated every single time I played it more than the previous one, and Last Chance is both the most unnecessarily loud and the least eloquent/most clunky - she sounds like she's doing acrobatics trying to fit the syllables in those melodies - so I'm letting that one go as well.
    With Real Groove back in my playlist, I'm happy with the 13 tracks I've kept after removing Magic, DJ and Last Chance.

13. I absolutely love Last Chance. Putting a huge smile on my face!

14. @RJF on his way!

15. In a muck spreader.

ohaimanabu, mcuk and hollaa01 like this.
  16. I'm glad I didn't take in any reviews on here, I'm on my first listen and it's pure joy.

17. Real Groove @ Disco Infinity

18. Something like Monday Blues is nothing like Say Something or Miss a Thing?

19. Gorgeous.

Nigel, hollaa01 and WhereIsTheFeeling like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.