Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how in her element she sounds on this album. Nobody can do this euphoric feel-good kind of pop better.

Random but Beyoncé's 'Lay Up Under Me' appeared after I played the album and I realised stylistically how well it would fit on Disco.

A-Teens... REALLY QUEEN

giphy.gif

he / him
I imagine there was one originally but cut down due to it being 2020 and pop tracks being radio/streaming 3 minute friendly.
I get that, but at the same time, I don't really get it either. Neither streaming or radio are really here for Kylie, so it seems odd to take them into consideration and potentially compromise your artistic vision, in my opinion. Y'all are probably tired of hearing about Jessie Ware and comparisons to What's Your Pleasure, but most of the tracks on Disco probably would've benefited from 4:00+ lengths and then releasing single mixes for radio and streaming like what Jessie did with What's Your Pleasure or like what Kylie did herself with "Magic."

I get that, but at the same time, I don't really get it either. Neither streaming or radio are really here for Kylie, so it seems odd to take them into consideration and potentially compromise your artistic vision, in my opinion. Y'all are probably tired of hearing about Jessie Ware and comparisons to What's Your Pleasure, but most of the tracks on Disco probably would've benefited from 4:00+ lengths and then releasing single mixes for radio and streaming like what Jessie did with What's Your Pleasure or like what Kylie did herself with "Magic."
More tracks but shorter album will more than likely benefit from streams. She is still a commercial artist and although she cannot keep up with younger artists in the streaming field, there are still expectations.

Supernova makes me sad. Her delivery is very Dannii in the verses. It has been the biggest grower for me. It's so good to hear a cowbell in a Kylie song in 2020!

On first listen Dance Floor Darling is the one, its nuts in the best possible way. Im getting a real 80s vibe from it.

Also, the critical reception in the press to this seems overwhelmingly positive, has she ever had such good reviews? I think the joyous and unpretentious nature seems to be the thing that's winning through.

Status
Not open for further replies.