Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 566 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Fine Wine is that low-key bop. It makes me feel like I'm doing a photoshoot for Vogue.

Punka and BrokenHearts like this.
  2. Till You Love Somebody should have been on the standard! A perfect sunset on the beach song!

dan2die4 and Chris_P like this.
  3. Imagine they’d chosen one of the colourful close-ups from the booklet and made the vinyl cover foil/iridescent? Wig. Oh well!!!!!

4. I suspect Kylie has been listening to Sinatra. “Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars / Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars.”

Anyhoo, “Supernova” needs to be the next single.

5. I love how the production of the album sounds more like Boney M and less Dua Lipa. Say Something is the exception, but I can never have enough sublime Parlophone-era like Kylie moments.

dan2die4 likes this.
  6. I hope so. Mushroom here in Australia are running a Facebook competition (in 2020) to win signed LPs. So those signed vinyl might just be for promo. Hopefully some will be for sale too.

7. A Facebook competition? I have to laugh...

8. The GMA performance looks lit

melodrama, lushLuck, tj-x and 5 others like this.
  9. She looks great! I though she would be doing Magic - maybe she does two songs?
    Hope the full performance will be available soon.

dan2die4 and highcontrast like this.
  10. That camera work is not it.

elektroxx, tj-x, inevitable and 2 others like this.
  11. This. Immaculately produced track. I was thinking "Hmm Kylie could've taken a more mysterious take on her vocals here." But then I was like, "Wtf sis Kylie's voice gives the track more personality" and let the track wash over me.

I'm listening to the rest of the album right now and it's such a chill, good listen so far! I wish there were more visuals, even just concept photos.

12. The camera work it why it looks so good.

13. SUPERNOVAAAAAAA!

mcuk likes this.
  14. I think the lighting’s the issue, looks like it’s attached to the camera so the movement is distracting. It’d probably look quite good with a static light set up.

YourOwnThing likes this.
  15. Supernova is the long lost sister of this galactic banger and I am HERE for it.

AndrewX, Vyrisus, Robbietoxic and 2 others like this.
  16. I enjoy it but it also sets off my anxiety.

L-O-L I guess?

17. And maybe also:

18. With the exception of 'Monday Blues' (this really sounds like a Golden outtake) I pretty much liked everything on first listen. A handful of tracks will need a few more listens to really gel. Some big highlights throughout. Yes, lyrically it's pretty dumbed down and in an odd way it's strange that Kylie co-wrote these because they could be written by anyone. That said, it's a fun album, it's what she said it would be and I'm not disappointed. I'm looking forward to hearing the performances of some of these tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.