Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 777 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

They're deleted, boo.

LPT, elektroxx, YourOwnThing and 2 others like this.
  2. I don’t want Disco Volume 2, I want Disco: The Afterparty, full of moody, sexy, mid tempo funky bops.

J.onny, YourOwnThing and hollaa01 like this.
  3. Was listening to the Gariby stuff on a run earlier and thought how fabulous a dark, moody electronic disco flip side to Disco would be. Absolutely love the idea of an Afterparty remix album.

Wayne1978 and AfternoonsInUtopia like this.
  4. Lovely interview! The "Love to love you" reference still baffles me though. I don’t understand why she didn’t at least record one song with that influence for the album. It would be perfect for her! And I love DISCO so much, but one extra sultry moody song would have been the perfect cherry on the cake.

5. I think that direction would be perfect for a Diso follow-up EP. The album's direction is very specifically about joy, escapism and abandon so while more variety would've made the album more balanced, it would've perhaps diluted its effectiveness.

Shuey likes this.
  6. DISCO drops from #15 to #28 in its fifth week on the ARIA chart (Australia).

Time to release the next single, I’d say.

7. Would say they are holding out til after Christmas before anymore traction on new single etc

8. Until you get an email telling you it's shipped then no.

I ordered one of the (second batch) deluxe editions from the store and it was dispatched on the 7th. It's not been delivered yet and I've had no email.

totalhate likes this.
  9. Turns out I got my email yesterday but it was in my junk folder. Oops.
    Hope your order arrives soon.

P'NutButter likes this.
  10. If we do get a companion release for Disco, all I'm asking for is no Sky Adams, please and thank you.

11. I’d love for Sky, Teemu, Jon Green and Biff to all do a track each.

12. Are there any more TV appearances scheduled before or during Christmas?

13. More Teemu and Biff to be honest. Even though Sky gave me Supernova and Dance Floor Darling.

AndrewX, LovingDays, hollaa01 and 4 others like this.
  14. Not that I'm aware of, but A Kylie Christmas is on quite a bit -

Sky Arts HD 7:00pm Tue 15 Dec
    Sky One 7:00am Sat 19 Dec
    Sky Replay 1:00pm Christmas Eve
    Sky Arts HD 11:45am Christmas Day

15. I'm hoping that the companion release is longer than four songs. Of the three songs from Disco that I love—"I Love It," "Miss A Thing" and "Real Groove"—not one of them is a Sky production. I do also enjoy "Supernova" and "Dance Floor Darling," but there are production choices on both of those tracks that I could do without. We already have ten Sky tracks and I'm not sure if we need any more.
    I'm hoping for more Teemu and Biff as well. I'd also love some new collaborators, specifically SG Lewis.

inevitable and Chris_P like this.
  16. I want a Biff-only album next and please thank you K.

Robert, tylerc, LPT and 5 others like this.
  17. I hope we’re still getting some Mirwaïs songs next year.

Nephilim and HorseTears like this.

18. Put out all the old songs not used, alternative mixes etc and call it a bump of K.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.