Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 780 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. They're all 2s.

blod and Chris Lala like this.
  2. Fine Wine shade? On my Popjustice? On the day of my birth? I think NOT.

Alenko, Cowboystyle, RRS and 6 others like this.
  3. Happy birthday!

P.S. "Fine Wine" is one of the worst tracks on Disco. "Monday Blues" is worse though.

YourOwnThing and Chris_P like this.
  4. Happy birthday!

YourOwnThing likes this.
  5. Yeah I hated it at first, like viscerally, but to be honest it's pure ridiculous fun. Not to be taken seriously or thought about at all. Just bop!

SloMover likes this.
  6. 'Monday Blues' is pure, cheesy, feelgood pop and Kylie can always deliver that. Mash it with 'Koocachoo' on the next tour.

Also, Happy Birthday @Celestial Mosaic!

7. Thanks dolls xx <3

9. Why, not think about it seriously? It still wins. The most consistently upbeat track, it keeps on building all the way through in terms of energy and scope, one of the most detailed pieces production-wise and one of the most varied in terms of structure, it manages to be a pure joy without sounding momsy like Absolutely Anything or baby-like like Wow, and it is cute for conflating the eagerness for the weekend with the eagerness to see a loved one which is also excellent subject matter for its tone sonically. It is literally perfect.
    edit: ...In my opinion.

HorseTears likes this.
  10. Monday Blues has definitely grown on me a lot. Magic and I Love It can rot, though, although the ending adlibs in the latter song are lovely ("can't get enough of this!")

Staticboombox and lushLuck like this.
  11. It's fabulous isn't it. Any Kylie song with that sort of vocal gets hate no matter how good it is, but the vocal is actually good and the song is excellent. It deserves its place in the DISCO bop-fest.

Chris_P likes this.
  12. Kylie needs to go on the new Netflix programme Song Exploder. When I read the premise of the show it sounds like something see needs to get involved in, and to talk about the making of Say Something.

cuddle dungeon and Uno like this.
  13. Not this again!

14. That would be great. I love Song Exploder.

hollaa01, madgemad and jakeyfw like this.
  15. Up a couple of spots in the midweeks. I'm thrilled the album is still selling well 6 weeks on!

Alenko, TeamSats2012, blod and 7 others like this.
  16. I saw a primetime ad for the album on Sunday night too.

17. That sounds amazing!

andiemal likes this.
  18. RRS

RRS

Yes I would really love one too, the first two are brilliant and they both helped get an ok position in the charts which helps to get the single noticed and you never know might get on the radio!

WhatKindOfKylie? and etienne like this.
  19. I'm a bit disappointed at how fast I got bored with the album. It's full of great songs but I have less and less desire to listen to Disco.

elektroxx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.