Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 784 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. I've got signature, a kiss and what I am going to pretend is the Kylie K logo.

Screenshot_20201218-145053_Gallery.jpg

Glitterizer, Carlo, Daniel L and 3 others like this.
  2. I only got "Kylie x", guess she read my posts shading the album ddd.

Mr.Arroz, Larsen, Jacques and 12 others like this.
  3. Uno

Uno

We love to see it!

How long did it take Golden to reach Gold certification?

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  4. Brilliant news! In a very short space of time too. Doubly good news that.

Rei Ayanami and YourOwnThing like this.
  5. About three and a half months (it was certified on 20th July 2018).

WhatKindOfKylie? and P'NutButter like this.
  6. I got a "Kylie X" cause she obv knows it's my favourite era

7. Disco stable at no 19, 6th week in the top 20.

Alenko, Robbietoxic, Jacques and 10 others like this.
  8. Wow, she’s really holding on with this album. Very happy for her!

9. Holding up great!

10. Just click the link below and Vote!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  11. This feels so on point to me...

12. Masterclass is a bit much but I guess?

Already not here for this 'Golden sucked!' narrative this seems to be emphasizing. Cause as an album, Golden is absolutely superior.

13. Can we not. All DISCO did was crystallize exactly why those of us who didn't like Golden very much... didn't like it very much. This isn't a new narrative. It's not like we're suddenly dragging Golden only because DISCO is better.*

*Even though it is ddd

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  14. Golden is no worse than “fine” to me, but DISCO is stronger as a unit.

15. It’s sort of a gag how this is doing better than Golden and it didn’t do terribly either to begin with.

I so need a tour for this album or she could just do a big ass live show extravaganza again on the scale of what the tour would be.

Rei Ayanami likes this.
  16. I don't think 'Disco' would taste quite as sweet if it wasn't coming off the heels of 'Golden'. Although 'Disco' is the far superior record to me, 'Golden' was a necessary reset. I enjoy when Kylie pulls back the curtains a little as she doesn't always write about her own experiences and having an album that felt so sincere - even beyond the breakup narrative, like the nod to her father in 'Shelby '68' - was a real palette cleanser after 'Kiss Me Once'. The one-two punch of the general public responding to a new album with a new sound and then a few months spent appreciating her legacy with 'Step Back In Time'/Glastonbury was vindicating, but it feels like 'Disco' is even more celebratory. This is Kylie doing what she does better than anybody else, joyous and life-affirming three-and-a-half minute bursts of pop.

x

17. Both Golden and Disco, are great, enjoyable and important Kylie albums I think.

Alenko, HorseTears, Daniel L and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.