Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 812 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. I really like the remix. The absence of a solo Dua verse is my only complaning.

2. That's my main gripe as well, Dua definitely should have had a solo verse but I'm bopping regardless. I love the new production flourishes though, this is a nice treat.

3. After hearing it a few times, I definitely think the latter half of the song is a lot more successful than the first. The first half feels a bit Frankensteined, but with the long instrumental breakdown through to the end, it feels like the remix finds its... well.. groove. I remain puzzled about the vocal mix, though. You'd think they'd at least try to make Dua's vocals more present even if they are just 2054 rehearsal vocals.

4. This remix is really bad other than the added instrumental breakdown. Disappointed!

5. With all the negativity on here I expected the remix to be ghastly but its not. I like it. The added breakdown and intro are cute.

lob0to, Wayne1978, melodrama and 4 others like this.
  6. I adore this. It definitely could have used some solo Dua, but it’s a minor complaint for me. The way it gets truly future nostalgic in the second half...I levitated.

Eskapism, LPT, jvckkk and 13 others like this.
  7. This. Would’ve ticked every box otherwise.

8. This remix already doing it's job.

9. I much prefer the album version, but I don't hate this remix. It's cute enough.

They've made the song way more disco-y with the strings but that's also why I like the album version, it's less disco-y than many of the other songs.

10. Out everywhere. C'mon green 7"!

11. The remix sounds great to me. The production is slick as hell, it's got strings for DAYS, and it really beefs up the original which I always found to be a tad too mellow. Their voices sounds incredible together too. I'll use this more than the original probably.

I also love the vast difference between their energy levels at the end of the breakdown:
    "Dua's got that real groove!!!"

"...kai lee"

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  12. Oof. I heard someone saying it and took their word for it. Went into the remix with that in mind and it seemed a lowered pitch would in fact fit the vibe of the remix. I shared the idea.
    I wasn't just sitting here scratching my head to find something random to say and present it as a fact.
    Thanks for pointing out the mistake anyway.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  13. I wish there was more solo Dua (she gets a bit of solo chorus at the end doesn‘t she?).

But at the end I am glad this is a bit of a remix and not just Dua‘s vocals over it and the long breakdown is amazing. Glad the song is so long, though I could also take a 8 minute version of it.

MrWonderfulPop likes this.
  14. I feel like this was put together before she did Studio2054 to see how it would sound live and then released after the positive feedback.
    I like it a lot but as others have mentioned it sounds a bit slapped together in parts.
    That 'Kylie' shout by Dua is so random.

15. Mask off on the airplane selfie ok...

huntypoo and Thu Ra Aung Kyaw like this.
  16. W2K

W2K

These are photos taken throughout 2020, so that one could’ve been pre-pandemic.

17. I wasn’t being completely serious, but true!

W2K likes this.
  18. Agreed the 'me tonight' in the beginning makes me want more, please 12" single. tbh Dua is so prominent on the chorus I'm fine without her singing a verse, I also saw the show so never expected a verse.
    This is all good for Disco whatever the case. It's so Nile Rogers I love it.

Alenko likes this.
  19. So. I took my time re the new remix and didn’t listen to any previews. First listen through my iPhone. I totally get comments re Frankensteined. Second listen took place after a 15 minute break, punctuated by pet duties, on my Sony headphones. It clicked. This could totally be part of Club Future Nostalgia, which I loved. We lost a little sensuality but in its place, a funky breakdown and room to breathe. I’m definitely stanning.

YourOwnThing and MrWonderfulPop like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.