Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 813 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. A solo verse by Dua would have been good, but I love this remix thank you @WhereDoesTheDJGo for making the second half of 2020 more enjoyable.

2. My expectations went through the roof when I realised the potential this had. My first thought was (when I saw the extended runtime) “okay, Dua has a solo verse/the bridge, what could she contribute lyrically? Obviously she’s the girl Kylie is singing about.”

And that was it, I’ll never be able to not fantasise about the Kylie vs Dua track that this could have transformed into in the second half.

Still, the production boost is fantastic, it just needed Dua to perform one of the verses really. Fingers crossed this will expose Future Nostalgia fans to the equally wonderful Disco

3. The elevated production on this is transcendent. The breakdown is sublime and I love Dua's random "KYLIE!" moment- like she's low-key fangirl to be working with one of her icons. They're really giving the gays what they want, huh?

4. Is it true Dua got a writing credit for this remix ?

5. The remix is wonderful. Happy new year indeed

6. no

7. It’s good she’s finally gotten round to acknowledging it!

He, HorseTears, Wayne1978 and 5 others like this.
  8. I didn’t really expect much else than b-roll audio from Studio2054 broadcast so I’m fine with the result. My only bigger complaint is that Dua’s vocals sound really tinny and harsh-mixed.
    I’m not deleting the original version from Spotify or anything but I’m definitely using this tonight in my living room.

[​IMG]

9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It bops but I think I prefer the original??

hollaa01, Nigel, jvckkk and 6 others like this.
  10. HorseTears, hollaa01 and DoggySwami like this.
  11. I love that we got this extra thing before this awful year rounds out. Not to be overly cheesy but In terms of music Kylie and Dua have been beacons of light this year and I love that we got the collab/remix.

12. Agreed, it's a cute rework but the original sounds richer.

hollaa01 and Chris Lala like this.
  13. Hearing this remix makes me wish that all songs on the album were over 4 minutes.

HorseTears and hollaa01 like this.
  14. Original is much superior.

hollaa01 and Nigel like this.
  15. So true!!!

tj-x, P'NutButter, JGoulden and 2 others like this.
  16. Enjoyable mix, not lost the charm of the original but adds something extra too it. Their voices work really well together as well. Great last bit of music from Kylie 2020 going into 2021 as well-hope the Disco era carries on a while yet.

tj-x likes this.
  17. hologram and blod like this.
  18. Has Peter fallen out with Kylie? He’s not been supportive since Golden.

I thought he would be fully back on board with Say Something, as I imagined it would be right up his street.

Elvenpath likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.