Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 832 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Isn’t the Daft Punk rumour just a rumour? They don’t collaborate on other projects other than their own album, so I find it hard to believe that they produced songs for Kylie’s album.

As for the RedOne stuff I remember there being a lot of talk in the media about it. I’m sure it the songs were good we would have heard them. There’s no point in paying a lot of money on average songs to sit on an album.

https://www.digitalspy.com/music/a209089/gaga-producer-promises-kylie-smashes/

2. I’m sure that is what will happen eventually. They’ve purposely done the Basement Jaxx and F9 remixes on specific releases to force people to buy it again.

And it worked on me, I bought the website digital album just for the Basement Jaxx remix.

3. I never heard that she worked with Daft Punk? When was that?!

4. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I don’t believe the Daft Punk rumors have ever been substantiated.

andiemal, elektroxx and lushLuck like this.
  5. She did 2 tracks with them, it was confirmed in an interview with Cameron Adams...they were Karen Poole cowrites.

Staticboombox likes this.
  6. Who confirmed it? Kylie or Cameron Adams or Karen Poole?

Both members of Daft Punk writing with Karen Poole to pitch songs to Kylie seems like a real stretch.

wolfgangna and hollaa01 like this.
  7. It was first confirmed on the Herald Sun (in the same interview Goldfrapp tracks were mentioned too), then Karen Poole said she cowrote a couple tracks with Kylie produced by Daft Punk and others produced by Groove Armada.

8. I'd love to read that interview if anyone has the link. None of those keywords come up with any Google search.

Only found this about Groove Armada.

“Kylie's people called us up and asked us to do a song for her new album. The track we did was fantastic, but we didn't have an opportunity to flesh it out properly. So it didn't make the final cut.

The way we see it, it’s their loss ‘cos now we’re going to give it to someone else.”

https://www.hotpress.com/music/back-into-the-groove-4187120

lushLuck likes this.
  9. Seems like all of the color vinyl exclusives for "Disco" are sold out in the US? Is there anywhere I could grab one?

10. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Until I can see a confirmation, I’m not going to buy it. Herald Sun is certainly a reputable source.

lushLuck and Juango like this.
  11. What about the Mirwais track? Is that still happening?

HorseTears, Quimogen and lushLuck like this.
  12. Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    Nephilim, OSHi, blod and 1 other person like this.

14. DISCO has dropped out of the Aria Top 50. It was in for eight weeks. I would insert a frowny face emoji here if it were allowed on PopJustice.

It's #14 on the Australian Artists chart.

15. Say Something still holds up very well, it's the album centrepiece for me. Had the Syn Cole mix playing on my run this morning - also bop.

lushLuck, Juango and DoggySwami like this.
  16. HMD, Juango, Anjoel40 and 6 others like this.
  17. We don't really need another Robbie and Kylie duet I think.

Princeuk, hollaa01, R0B0TB0Y and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.