Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 928 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Right! What happened to 'Night of a Thousand Minogues'? And if they can pre-record Taika's comments then they surely could have done that with Kylie. Although it may be a blessing they didn't because that was a bit cringy last week.

blod likes this.
  2. I'm sure she has filmed several spots for the run of the show.

3. Could it be that they didn’t have a Kylie song this week so they wouldn’t have to pick one Minogue over the other (since both were featured)?

4. I guess that that's true. It is difficult not to have high expectations though, especially because Kylie fans have wanted her to make an appearance on any iteration of Drag Race over the years, so to have both Minogues in the same episode play such a minor role is disappointing.

5. 100 degrees? They could have used the version that omits the word 'Christmas'. It may not be well known by the GP, but it could still have been fun.

6. Yes!.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  7. I could not think of a worse song than "100 Degree (Still Disco To Me)."

hawkings24, hollaa01, blod and 2 others like this.
  8. I'm listening to Celebrate You, and I suddenly realized that if we ever get that Kylie jukebox musical, the protagonist will be named Mary.

9. I’m That Bitch is definitely worse.

RRS likes this.
  10. I love Celebrate you but with 50 plus hits to choose from there's no way on earth it'd be included in any jukebox musical.

11. La'la La Lalah

HMD, notofthisworld, jakeyfw and 2 others like this.
  12. I adore Celebrate You, but think this will be the case too.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  13. This. I can imagine moderately successful singles being snubbed in a jukebox musical, so it's highly unlikely that they'd feature an album track that even Kylie neglected to play live if Infinite Disco is any indictation.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  14. I mean if they can slip in Under Attack and Slipping Through My Fingers into Mamma Mia (the musical), then can slip in an obscure track for a theoretical Kylie jukebox musical.

notofthisworld likes this.
  15. Yeah sometimes a song will help tell the story and sneak in there. It's not a Best Of show.

Adora Day and Mikey1701 like this.
  16. Regards to musicals it's the story that is just as important as the songs themselves. Which is why musicals are not opera's.

So is Celebrate You can fit into a story better than a key single then why not.

Whilst not a single from Abba. Slipping Through My Fingers works really well and is perfect for that part of Mamma Mia's story.

And actually I could really see/hear Celebrate You in a musical. Lyrically it could slot well into a narrative.

Kylie's back catalogue is (like Abba's) very fortunate and there are plenty of song options and multiple musicals which good be written around/with those songs. Singles, Album Tracks, BSides et al.

By The Way, I work in theatre and I could say more.

notofthisworld likes this.
  17. Very few = 1 to 3 sales.

hawkings24 and actorandlyricist like this.
  18. That’s what I was implying! (In terms of its average sales per hour to achieve those iTunes positions). Ultimately it sold 238 downloads last week.

19. Nice to see Kylie mention the Real Groove vinyl, and yes, they do all look so good together gotta say.

20. I want a purple or pink Dance Floor Darling vinyl, make it happen if we don't get anything else.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.