Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 934 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. If only. The type that hates being Tod what to do. Sigh. I’m resigned.

2. [​IMG]

3. I put back champagne in favour of Kylie Cava for my niece’s 18th.

She’ll be like “HEW!??” but that’s beside the point.

4. A top.

5. Yes, play that as well, good

6. My sister in law hates Kylie and then told me she actually likes 'I was gonna cancel'. I mean, of all the songs...

jakeyfw, LPT, inevitable and 5 others like this.
  7. Yeah I’m still working on my husband too. He said he preferred I Was Gonna Cancel over Where Is The Feeling (BIR mix) !!!!!!!

8. I think people need to consider that "I Was Gonna Cancel" is an OK song and hardly the abomination y'all claim it is. She has far worse. Terrible single choice and video, though. Truly thought my epilepsy was gonna get triggered with all those choppy edits.

9. That's definitely grounds for divorce. What a hateful opinion!

Adora Day likes this.
  10. Yes she has far worse but it is just...no. I can't defend it in any way. Vile.

11. No.

12. I said "consider," and I guess... you did.

inevitable, elektroxx and Robsolete like this.
  13. Yeah it’s alright

14. Sometimes I wonder where the airplane in that video was going to.

15. Hell.

jakeyfw, AlmostFamous, lob0to and 3 others like this.
  16. I Was Gonna Cancel is a bop teebs. Lightweight, frothy and nothing new for her sure, but it serves its purpose and really isn’t a world away from songs in her catalogue that are so totally beloved.

Kiss Me Once as an entire record is long overdue a reappraisal. It was good then - it still is.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  17. I've always really liked Kiss Me Once despite its aimless nature. It's clear no one involved knew quite what to do with Kylie in 2014, but the tunes are there. And like many Kylie albums, some of the bonus cuts definitely deserved a place on the standard over others. It reminds me of X in a lot of ways, which seems to be looked at mostly fondly these days.

Unpopular, but I find it eminently more listenable than Golden.

18. 100%. And far more progressive and modern than the two albums that followed it. Golden and Disco are way more cohesive albums with solid themes (and they’re great, don’t get me wrong - Disco in particular is stacked with some amazing work) but there’s more dynamic and experimental material on Kiss Me Once, which I’ve always found more interesting from her. Granted not all of it worked but seeing her leave her comfort zone is always fun.

I completely get that they actively play up her heritage now - and why shouldn’t that be the case? She’s worked hard to build the legacy - but I would love to see her do something different next time and really explore what ‘Kylie’ means for this decade with some new and exciting collaborators.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  19. I do really like Kiss Me Once as well. That era gave us and absolute abundance of 4/5 songs. It's just missing some 5/5s and a clear vision.

20. I just think that when your album has these then I was gonna cancel should be nowhere near single status (but we know Kylie never releases the best songs - I'm looking at you Disco Down)

And whilst this is the definition of Kylie by numbers it's a bop!

Tracy Jacks, jakeyfw, Heretic and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.