Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 944 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Starstruck is no 19 in the U.K. midweeks, though Kylie is not credited.

2. Same here - I remember being so relieved when I heard Say Something premier on Radio 2! I was convinced I was about to hear Your Disco Needs You part 2 and felt actually nervous that there would be a Kylie campaign that I wasn’t going to enjoy!

blod likes this.
  3. The funny thing is that Your Disco Needs You is not disco. Although I'd love to hear it on tour, but a disco version of it.

Wayne1978 likes this.
  4. Good to see, shame she's not officially credited, but lets face it, it's her version that has helped it climb up.

5. The audacity!

6. It's ridiculous!

7. It actually makes sense - I think the policy is that whoever is credited on the version which charts first is who is credited all the way through the chart run. Otherwise you’d have Years and Years charting for a few weeks, and then Years and Years feat Kylie as a separate entry.

8. Well, if it does end up hanging on in the top 40, I still will count it as another top 40 hit for her unofficially or not.

MrWonderfulPop, Ddarko77 and Juango like this.
  9. I think what quickly became clear when first hearing the album was how wide her disco influences actually are. You can hear a lot more ‘sophisticated’ disco such as Donna Summer and Cheryl Lynn as opposed to Sylvester for example

10. My Real Groove vinyl arrived and it is flawless...a real shame we won't be getting a Dance Floor Darling vinyl or remixes.

lushLuck likes this.
  11. I agree, also love how much you can tell she's a big fan of Donna Summer too. Good taste.

12. I’d still love for the Deluxe to provide that Love to Love You Baby esque slow disco jam. Jessie would certainly be more than capable of creating that with her.

13. Going way back to her childhood and then of course she recorded Dim All The Lights for her original demo tape (what we would do to hear that now!!!!!). Taste as always from Kylie!

WhatKindOfKylie? and Wayne1978 like this.
  14. Is the implication that Sylvester is unsophisticated? I mean, Baccara were unsophisticated. I'd argue Sylvester was certainly sophisticated. Of course, he didn't have anywhere near the success or volume of output as Donna Summer.

blod, Sexbox, matthew. and 1 other person like this.
  15. I would say his style of music, along with Baccara, Ottawa band and artists like that are definitely less sophisticated than say, ABBA. I also love them by the way, I’m a huge fan of cheese (massive Boney M fab!) but I can tell sonically when an artist is a musician compared to a singer or dancer - the difference between ABBA and Steps for example. I’m not knocking anyone - I love it all! Was just saying that I feel Kylie is more inspired by those sounds, that’s why the album has more songs like Miss A Thing and Magic, compared to Monday Blues

16. SYLVESTER SHADE?

And for no reason than to uplift Disco's Freepik.com productions too?

Have some respect.

HorseTears, Timbo, matthew. and 5 others like this.
  17. Christ, this thread continues to be a nightmare to read sometimes.

18. I think it's obvious the reissue will come in time for Christmas, but I hope we get some new content before then. Image-wise I mean.

heartmightmelt and Wayne1978 like this.
  19. I'm not expecting it until end of September at the earliest.

20. Kylie covering "Dim All The Lights" for inclusion for the Disco re-release could be a cute concept for long-term fans. She could even reunite with Giorgio Moroder.

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.