Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition | Page 948 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - DISCO: Guest List Edition

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. I'm actually surprised she hasn't announced a small tour for Australia. It could be a way for her to test the waters for a world tour in 2022?

2. For a tour to make money it would need to be a continuous one though. She'd need to pay for her band, dancers and production costs and to do just a few Australian dates with no guarantee of UK/European dates it wouldn't be worth it. She's pretty much guaranteed to start there though.

3. And wouldn't blame her if so too!

4. She won’t tour until she can go all over the usual places (Europe and Aus) and do so safely. I don’t see that happening till the end of next year.. Travel is all over the place and different places are at vastly different places in terms of vaccines and control over the virus.

5. Magic is great! But I can definitely see a lot of it ageing poorly. Golden on the other hand will age well, in my opinion anyway.

Wayne1978, AndrewX and Mvnl like this.
  6. Golden was an excellent album. A very welcome change of direction at a time when her career needed it. Dancing and Stop Me From Falling are top tier Kylie.

7. I think with Golden and Disco, really were two excellent albums back to back.

8. Well both Golden and Disco are my 4th/5th album rankings, respectively, from Kylie. So either way I can't lose.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  9. I’m a firm fan of Golden. It was the refresh and reboot she needed and the actual songs are very strong regardless of whether you like the country influences or not. Disco is also a great album but for me more of a grower but with repeated listens is one of her most consistent albums so would rank highly for me too.

10. Golden to be honest felt like the most exciting era to be part since my Kylie fandom. It felt like she really was back again, abet in a 2018 way as opposed to 2001.

11. I'm pretty confident that tour plans are being looked at very seriously, its such an enormous income stream for her. She's spoken a lot about her love of touring, performing live and how much input she has in the creative aspects of these. With the positive reactions to the last two albums era's she and her team will be eyeing a big return to the live circuit but like some have touched on here they will want to maximise this financially, so a many date European, Aus (and maybe US) arena tour is probably the likely approach. I cant see that until at least mid 2022 at this point. The upside is when she steps back onto the the stage it will be such a moment.

Anjoel40 and P'NutButter like this.
  12. The headless tory has confirmed that the disco re release is done and the vinyl is being pressed at the moment so the July mentioned date looks very likely

Princeuk, chrisjche, Uno and 12 others like this.
  13. I also genuinely believe Golden gave Kylie the enthusiasm to keep making music.

Overdose, Princeuk, FoxMint and 11 others like this.
  14. Golden while not my favorite Kylie album along with Glastonbury sealed her Legacy, Step Back In Time just reaffirmed it and Disco is sending her to new heights on streaming along with welcoming a new generation of fans, I'm excited for the re release, hope it goes to #1 again!

Robert, Princeuk, Uno and 5 others like this.
  15. All this Golden/Disco talk has led me to the realization how fed we were during the 2010s even with the long breaks between albums, so many quality side projects.

16. Golden was largely a UK affair, not that I'm bothered because it was a campaign I was happy to sit out.

In Europe and Latin America I didn't hear Golden anywhere but I've heard Disco tracks in public, I've seen people on my social media talk about it being great and this is all in the middle of a pandemic.

Also quite telling that the Gente de Zona version of Stop Me From Falling did nothing in Latin America. It's a bit on the nose.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    Uno, thequinntessential, blod and 3 others like this.
  17. Indeed, what a platform Golden was in that respect, did wonders for her.

18. You mean the eight vinyl versions are being pressed surely!

lob0to and Staticboombox like this.
  19. A July release feels premature, but I guess that we have no idea how long they've been working on the re-release. I'm hoping for more than four new tracks, tbh.

Staticboombox likes this.
  20. July might work really well, actually. It’s not like she’s promoting Dance Floor Darling, so Real Groove might have been the last “real” single off Disco, which was ages ago.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.