Kylie Minogue - Disco | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. 0D599932-064F-4042-9680-A97ED55543F4.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  2. I'm ready! Although the 2020 statement in that article's title is not reflected in any of her quotes in the article itself.

Elvenpath and Butterfly like this.
  3. I think we will get one in 2020 after they didn't use any of the post-Golden sessions on Step Back In Time (& since she's seemed set on the sound for a year now), but in the quote all she says it's prepping for the next album so they've been a bit misleading saying she's confirming one for 2020.

Excited to see what she brings. She's probably in the best place she's been in prior to the release of an album since the end of the Fever era? So you'd think she can have another Golden-level success (if not bigger).

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  4. Well, the title says that but the quote doesn’t necessarily. But here’s hoping she cooks something up. I kinda want her to stay away from a Q4 release and it seems like she’ll be starting with the early stages of the album.

5. It’s not like it’s ever a Kylie desert between studio albums because she always stays busy but change it up! Break that four year cycle in place since Aphrodite.

Elvenpath and Uno like this.
  6. The title is sort of misleading but maybe there’s more to her quote, or at least what question she was responding to, to confirm it either way. It does seem she’s been quietly working on stuff for at least the past year, so perhaps she’s further along than we think.

Regardless, I’m more than ready for new stuff from her and it seems the UK is too, considering the year she’s had.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Princeuk and inevitable like this.
  7. Yeah, it still feels really early in terms of getting songs together and recording? If it is 2020 then it's going to be later in the year at this rate (I'm sure we would know more by now if they were planning something in spring or summer) and then they may just decide to delay it until early 2021.

8. I think after this year she'd be pretty well placed for for a Q4 release.

9. BMG have really given it their all though, huh? I assumed after Golden promo that would be it until a few years later when the next album campaign began. 2019 was arguably a more successful year for Kylie than 2018 and for her to have been all over TV during the summer (and now Christmas) is amazing.

I do think people may want a little break from Kylie though, so they can actually miss her a bit and be excited for what comes next. Q4 or 2021 might be best in that respect.

I'm not saying I don't want her/BMG to ride this wave and really go hard but at the same time I don't want people to get Kylie fatigue. I also don't want them rushing anything for the sake of getting music out. The next album needs to be just as good as Golden (if not better). If it's another Kiss Me Once affair...

10. The Kiss Me Once slander needs to end.

11. I want Slow/Fashion as the blueprint for the sound. Need You Tonight/2 Hearts/Lose Control demo etc. Give me electric guitars, synths, sexy vocals. I also want long straight white hair.

...I'll see myself out.

flowersandu likes this.
  12. Never.

Mikey1701 likes this.
  13. Need You Tonight should definitely be on the moodboard. This album can be the night that follows Golden's sunset. Dance-y rock will feel like Kylie, be in the "adult" territory and see her through these dark times that "pop" isn't trendy.

mcuk, Txetxu and Uno like this.
  14. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

It's certainly better than Golden!

15. She said this to The Guardian the other day:
    So it seems she’s still set on a disco album.

16. She should work with everybody who did Jessie Ware's last 3 singles - James Ford, Joseph Mount, Bicep. Throw in some KAYTRANADA and everybody wins.

17. I'm so ready for a new Kylie album. Her first of no less than her FIFTH decade in music too!

18. As long as the next album is produced and mixed properly, I won't complain too much. Hopefully the music will be more minimal/electro/indie and less yee-haw/disco/cheesy. Pls Kylie.

Baby Clyde, Crisp X, nikkysan and 2 others like this.
  19. The initial stages for each Kylie album, all seem to change, after all Golden varied from classic dance-pop, to throwback 90's R&B and finally country-pop.

elektroxx, Poker Pro and Uno like this.
  20. Wasn’t there an Instagram post several months ago teasing that she was working with Dame @biff stannard and the writers and or producers of Lost Without You?

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.