Kylie Minogue - Disco | Page 174 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. There have already been tours announced for next year though, since the pandemic started.

I've no comment on whether going to concerts for the foreseeable future is right or wrong, as that's a decision we all have to make for ourselves, but if cases continue to decline and the potential second wave over winter either doesn't happen or doesn't hit as hard as expected, there's no way Live Nation etc will hold off on planning tours 'just in case'.

2. I don't think she'd have a problem scheduling a Q3/Q4 arena tour for next year, really. If she put them up on release week it'd give her nearly a full year to sell and people might be a bit more willing to take a punt on it, compared to a tour in the spring.

3. I find it incredibly depressing they're consistently referenced as some sort of benchmark for quality in threads like these...

4. If concerts aren’t resumed *as normal* capital is going to have thought of something.

5. My Blue vinyl got cancelled, saying they didn’t have the stock.....
    It’s a pre-order... and still on the site.... What nonexistent stock could they be out of?

LPT likes this.
  6. Do they even have a choice? The touring industry is saying there probably won’t be any shows until 2022 at the earliest.

7. Assuming that the design was commissioned specifically for Kylie and she still owns the rights to it, I'd love if they recreated the "Your Disco Needs You" t-shirt from the single cover as part of the merch for the album.

lushLuck likes this.
  8. A tour could certainly be planned & put on sale for next fall.

I'm just saying it's not going to 'happen no matter what because Live Nation are greedy', as some are suggesting.

9. There's no going back to "normal" people need to realise this.

AfternoonsInUtopia likes this.
  10. I literally cant be arsed to get into a debate over it if it happens it happens if it doesn’t it doesn’t.

11. Haha! How true.

I wonder if she shot the album’s cover herself. She’s already handling vocal production. She’s a DIY artist!

12. Literally not commenting on another Covid related thing because to be honest I know nothing and am probably wrong

13. Pretty sure it was a socially distanced shoot.

14. Where did you order from? I ordered from Sanity, along with the Amazon "exclusive" one.

15. Deluxe edition is now on Amazon US. No vinyl as of yet.

16. From an Irish site, they’re normally good. Might’ve just been a mistake, I’ll order it again and see haha

17. I would imagine that anyone who's an epidemiologist or public health expert has more pressing things to do than post on Popjustice; with that to one side, none of us are really better placed than anyone else to say what will happen, and one or two would do well to remember as much.

18. I’ll be honest I’ve (as most people) have had a hard time with the whole lockdown thing it’s been tough and I deal with it by downplaying the severity in my head and sometimes that comes out and gets me into trouble.

19. Controversial list of lead-singles upcoming:

1. Into The Blue
    2. Can’t Get You Out of My Head
    3. Slow
    4. 2 Hearts
    5. I Should Be So Lucky
    6. Say Something (for now; likely to rise into top 3)
    7. Flower
    8. Confide In Me
    9. Some Kind of Bliss
    10. At Christmas
    11. I Believe In You
    12. Spinning Around
    13. Dancing
    14. All The Lovers
    15. Word Is Out
    16. Hand On Your Heart
    17. Better the Devil You Know
    18. What Kind of Fool
    19. Only You
    20. New York City

SlowGinFizzzz and Chris_P like this.
  20. But they are!

Because if an artist does the exact opposite of what they do you're probably getting something of quality.
    *parachutes from thread*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.