Kylie Minogue - Disco | Page 250 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Other great examples of the tremendous synergy that comes of the intersection of The Today Show and pop music:

2. Certain fans have been spitting their bile for the past two decades.

Fever was too faceless and bland...
    Body Language was Bowel Leakage
    X was a mess... all the demos were better... yawn
    Aphrodite was following in Madonna's shadow ...
    Kiss Me Once was the devil's work..
    Kylie Christmas was embarrassing..
    Golden was fake country like Taylor Swift ...
    Step Back in Time a tasteless cash in...

Just an observation, not a criticism...

3. I......agree with some of these takes oop.

[​IMG]

4. I wish it was November and Disco was upon us

video is cute, in some shots she looks like she hasn’t aged since Spinning Around

clowezra, hollaa01, Wishlight and 4 others like this.
  5. I would like some news regarding remixes soon and would gag for them to just milk the fans by putting up some physical formats for the single like everyone else is now.

hollaa01 and HorseTears like this.
  6. There has to be one or two retro styled remixes coming. I'd be curious to hear something like that.

HorseTears likes this.
  7. So what you’re saying is Nicki gave two iconic performances of Starships on the Today Show

8. Oh my god it never occurred to me that there were two disasters to choose from. I copied and pasted the first link I saw, assuming it was the version you posted. Shame on me.

9. The song has grown a lot on me (in me? can't English). There is something so quintessentially Kylie about it that I just adore.

The video though... I can't see why that wasn't dropped on release day. It's not as if they worked much on it.

P'NutButter, sesita, Mikal and 4 others like this.
  10. [​IMG]

11. The video really isn’t bad or good enough to generate this much discussion.

ohaimanabu, nikkysan and SloMover like this.
  12. I don't have an issue with someone that says they don't like the video. But comments like "it's boring", or "looks like it was made in windows movie maker" drive me up the wall because they are not true.

blod, mcuk, tj-x and 5 others like this.
  13. I don’t think I will ever understand why some people get so riled up over someone who they don’t know on an Internet forum having a differing opinion to them

Some people like the video and have given their reasons why.
    Some people don’t like the video and have given their reasons why

Both are fine. Art is subjective. None of this is objective.

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one and you don’t need to kiss up to every one you come across.

ohaimanabu, Mikey1701 and AllSinner like this.
  14. Say Something has such a nice soulful vibe, I still think it’s a slow burner.
    The video was fine considering the times, lockdowns etc.

15. So. Go away for a couple of hours to do some actual work. Come back to find multiple Garrison Keillor references in a Kylie thread contributing to one person's apparent total breakdown. Would not have predicted that at 8AM BST this morning.
    This hour of NPR is supported by The Kendeda Fund and by listeners like you.

16. Just amazed at how good she looks. I love her so much and I will follow her to the moon if needed.

17. Sam

Sam

I just watched the video

18. Such great reactions from press.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  19. I’m missing the reaction? They literally just say it’s been released and that it’s glittery. Nice to get a mention though. And the hooded image is pretty epic. It’s like a mirror ball mates with the Head jumpsuit. You don’t see how nice it is with all those filters.

Okay either you edited in some actual reviews or my phone didn't load them. Sorry.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  20. I like the video. Didn’t she use that horse statue on the Aphrodite tour? If so, loving the little nod to my favourite Kylie album.

AndrewX and joeee like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.