Kylie Minogue - Disco | Page 355 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. "Magic" is a lot more retro-leaning than I was expecting, tbh.

2. Magic has grown on me way faster than Say Something did and I can see myself coming back to this one a lot! Great job, Kylie!

Aester, ElectricKnight and Mikal like this.
  3. This is a groove, I fucking love it. The Chained to The Rhythm mention was apt.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Hyrulian, Aester, xOJakeXo and 3 others like this.
  4. I absolutely LOVE this - love the laid back vibe of it and she sounds fantastic. It sounds like old school Kylie and I can't get enough. The piano line on it reminds me of a sped up Head First by Goldfrapp. So excited for the album now.

Aester, mcuk, Shocked and 1 other person like this.
  5. I am so pleased we are getting the video too later. Wasn't expecting that.

Heretic likes this.
  6. Not there being 3 versions of this currently charting on iTunes. It’s around no 3 in the U.K. when combined.

Heretic likes this.
  7. It’s a bop! I love the chorus.

I know we still have 14 tracks to hear but I’m thoroughly relieved that nothing so far has been in the vein of ultra-camp ultra-kitsch disco like I was dreading for this album.

8. This would have been relegated to b-side status in the Fever era, like Say Something it’s nice enough but it’s not single material to these ears.

I would really appreciate one new Kylie song ‘in the vein of ultra-camp ultra-kitsch disco‘. I’m not asking for the world, the last Kylie banger was Million Miles for me. I do understand that four-on-the-floor bangers are passé these days, everyone seems to want smooth disco now.

9. BUT IT'S THURSDAY etc.

I enjoyed the song on first listen but not as much as I loved Say Something. I'm sure it'll grow on me, though. Her vocal delivery reminded me of Golden (album).

dell321 and Andrew.L like this.
  10. I believe in Magic.

Mr.Arroz, -Jay-, Hyrulian and 12 others like this.
  11. This is the one.

nbtsa likes this.
  12. Absolutely adore this and as it's been said, Say Something playing after sounds even more incredible

13. And galactic disco has dissapear. In fact, "Say Something" and "Magic" almost seem songs of different albums.

Euphoria likes this.
  14. Maybe Disco will be another X with songs sounding very very different.

AllSinner likes this.
  15. Just a video preview on Lorraine, it looks great!

Anjoel40 and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  16. There's no reason why "Magic" and "Say Something" couldn't co-exist on the same album. I mean, "More More More" and "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" co-existed on the same album.

I agree with whoever said that "Magic" gives them more album track vibes than big single vibes, but maybe it'll all make sense when I watch the video.

Mr.Arroz, Euphoria, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  17. I hope there's dancers in that chorus.

joeee likes this.
  18. There is!

19. It’s a very cute bop.

20. Looking forward to it!!

hawkings24 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.