Kylie Minogue - Disco | Page 730 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Stopremix likes this.
  2. It does seem like BMG are way better at making sure unreleased tracks don’t leak compared to Parlophone (sometimes I wonder if they even tried) so I’m not too confident we’ll ever hear them.

Shuey likes this.
  3. HMD

HMD

Amazing:
    Miss a Thing
    Real Groove
    Magic
    I Love It
    Say Something
    Supernova
    Last Chance

Very good:
    Dance Floor Darling
    Where Does The DJ Go?
    Fine Wine

Good:
    Unstoppable
    Celebrate You
    Til You Love Somebody
    Hey Lonely

Average:
    Spotlight

Can fit any of the last three groups depending on the day and mood:
    Monday Blues

4. The results video is live!

LPT, OceanBlue, miller and 18 others like this.
  5. Great job once again of those single arts especially.

CasperFan, roborovsky and iveivan like this.
  6. Standard (I love/like all of them):

Magic
    Miss a Thing
    Real Groove
    Monday Blues
    Supernova
    Say Something
    Last Chance
    I Love It
    Fine Wine
    Where Does the DJ Go?
    Dance Floor Darling
    Hey Lonely

Deluxe (they are just OK/low):

Till You Love Somebody
    Unstoppable
    Spotlight
    Celebrate You

andiemal and JGoulden like this.
  7. Thanks for putting this together. I loved watching it, and what really stood out for me is the consistent high-quality of all of the songs on the album.

JGoulden and roborovsky like this.
  8. RJF

RJF

Was Golden that divisive outside of sixteen gays who heard a guitar and squealed about it being country? It... was a pop album. And it had plenty of singles.

joe_alouder, LPT, Larsen and 23 others like this.
  9. I think once you cut some of the fat, Golden is still pretty great. Dancing is one of her best single packages and I'm willing to die on that hill.

scottdisick94, HMD, craiggci and 14 others like this.
  10. Dancing, remains a triumph.

11. I must sound like a broken (limited variant) record, but Kylie really can sell a song even further in a live setting with the right opportunity. She’s no Beyoncé when it comes to performing, but that’s probably the thing I adore that the two have in common and how seriously each one takes it. Icons only and all that.

JGoulden, roborovsky and sexercise like this.
  12. They weren't very good at keeping "Dancing" from leaking...

But if I had to guess, BMG is smaller operation than Parlophone (within Warner Music Group) with less personnell with leaky pockets. Larger organisations are notoriously slow to make changes across the company and keep everyone in line.

JGoulden likes this.
  13. Love the man, but Biff is very protective of his work. We've been lucky to hear some clips now and again but there is more chance of Kylie herself leaking the unreleased tracks than him.

Spice Girls 'Feed Your Love' case in point.

Nephilim, AndrewX and JGoulden like this.
  14. I was more so referring to era cast-offs leaking rather than planned releases.

Chris_P likes this.
  15. I bought earphones today and I walked 13kms listening Disco and Future Nostalgia. I was the most happy person for a few hours.

16. Can't get over the almost universal dislike of Spotlight, it's crept up as one of my favourite songs from Disco for me. Glad to see Real Groove triumph in the rate as it's probably my favourite outside of the 2 singles.

17. I just came here to say that this album did not click with me at first, but on Friday afternoon I was at my local gay bar with friends, they played the entire album and honestly, it was a moment. The straight mums enjoying wine lunches bopping clearly wondering what this music was, the gays clearly excited, and me just shook that I dismissed this album on first listen. An absolute bopfest.

18. Local gay bar with friends.

This post feels so very early 2020.

The gay clubs will be on fire when they open again and blast through all the fantastic dance pop music 2020 delivered. I have yet to hear Physical and Rain On Me in a club setting. Add the Kylie, Roisin and all the other stuff and the re-opening nights will be ones to remember.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.