Kylie Minogue - Disco | Page 751 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Has Kylie ever worked with Richard X? I was listening to his work on Sophie Elis Bextor's Make A Scene album and think the sound would really suit her.

elektroxx likes this.
  2. That's quite good! It's the first remix of the song that I think actually works because it is isn't fighting against the source material.

hollaa01 and inevitable like this.
  3. W2K

W2K

He has credits on Can’t Beat the Feeling but I seem to remember him not having a huge involvement.

elektroxx, AndrewX and lob0to like this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I've only been peeping in and out of this thread but I've not seen much love for Unstoppable - a bop! This album is actually really fine and I'm surprised it's being so easily written off.

LPT, Chris_P, YourOwnThing and 7 others like this.
  5. He plays the transcendent synth-keyboard part at the end of Can’t Beat the Feeling, which is THE moment of Aphrodite for me.

6. The deluxe does make things seem a bit bloated, but the 12-track standard is fun, sugary, wall-to-wall bops. To quote the lady herself, “I love it”.

Lapras and YourOwnThing like this.
  7. I don’t think the album has been written off at all? Certainly not in this thread, I’ve seen a few snarky comments about it in other threads as is always the way with a Kylie album, but it seems the majority of people are loving it.

8. The album as a whole hasn't held up as much as Golden did for me, but I'm still liking it a lot. I'm not sure how it ranks amongst all her studio albums but as of right now:

Impossible Princess
    X
    Golden
    Aphrodite
    Body Language
    Light Years
    Kylie Christmas
    Fever
    Disco
    Rhythm Of Love
    Kylie Minogue
    Kiss Me Once
    Let's Get To It
    Enjoy Yourself
    Kylie

I would like to as that I am HUGE on Christmas and Kylie's warmth and emotion in her voice added to how she effortlessly does camp make her the perfect act to do Xmas music. Hence the placement of Kylie Christmas. I have so many happy memories attached to it.

9. I think if I had to rank her albums:

Body Language
    Fever
    DISCO
    Impossible Princess
    Kylie Minogue
    Light Years
    Aphrodite
    X
    Kiss Me Once
    Golden
    Rhythm of Love
    Let's Get to It
    Enjoy Yourself
    Kylie

My top 5 are completely interchangeable with each other depending on the day, but they are always in my top 5

PC20 and sfmartin like this.
  10. It’s going to be hard to split my focus and play Kylie Christmas while Disco is still so fresh and on repeat

P'NutButter likes this.
  11. I mean I don’t think Disco is a bad album, but it’s also not been as immediate for me as usual.

I have found that I enjoy the tracks a lot better added to individual playlists and have only listened to the entire thing around 5 or so times?

Essentially all the tracks Pitchfork hated + Dance Floor Darling are my faves.

12. Considering the album as it flows and the collection of songs as a whole, my rankings would be:

Impossible Princess
    Disco
    X
    Kylie Minogue
    Fever
    Aphrodite
    Rhythm Of Love
    Body Language
    Light Years
    Kiss Me Once
    Golden
    Let's Get To It
    Kylie
    Enjoy Yourself
    Kylie Christmas

That said, there isn't a Kylie album that I don't enjoy. Just some more than others. Kylie Christmas is at the bottom of my list as its a novelty album that I only ever want to listen to during Christmas. Impossible Princess ranks high because Cowboy Style is great and the whole album is such a sonic experience. Disco is my no.2 because that's another sonic experience in a completely different way, the flow of songs from track 1 to track 12 is really quite something.

13. DISCO is her best album since FEVER. Period. End.

14. My Chalky’s print somehow came in great condition. Such odd dimensions for framing, though. Can’t find any good quality frames that fit it. Any recommendations?

15. I haven't done an album rank in ages for Kylie, the top 5 would be -

Light Years
    Impossible Princess
    Disco / Aphrodite
    Fever
    Golden

Robert and Chris_P like this.
  16. Real Groove is easily the Kylie Classic™️ some of you claimed Magic was!

17. I normally just buy a frame that is the closest size and buy some thick card to trim down to make a border inside the frame.

elektroxx and lob0to like this.
  18. I think if I rated them as of today:

Light Years
    Fever
    Body Language
    Impossible Princess / Aphrodite
    Rhythm of Love / Kylie Minogue / X
    Kylie (Disco?)
    Enjoy Yourself
    Golden
    Kiss Me Once
    Let’s Get to It

Kylie Christmas would be a stand-alone for me.

edit: forgot Golden and Kiss Me One sksksk

sfmartin likes this.
  19. I think Real Groove may have just surpassed Miss a Thing as my favourite song on the album

melodrama likes this.
  20. This. And what made me realise it was pure Kylie DNA was her performing it on Dua's show. It's got some of the same magic that Love At First Sight had.

Indigo, elektroxx and melodrama like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.