Kylie Minogue - Disco | Page 812 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. The remix is great. I'm always here for a string flourish.

I wish Dua was doing the second verse.

2. I don't think it's terrible but seems pointless. I mean sure it will probably get the song more attention with the general public having Dua on there but I don't see myself going back to it.

3. I do not like it and I quickly forgot about the whole Disco.

4. This should have been a lot better.

Stopremix and Elvenpath like this.
  5. While I enjoy the remix, I'm also whelmed by it. Unfortunately, this doesn't sound like the massive hit that we were expecting, which annoyingly means that the naysayers will feel vindicated about their disapproval of Kylie collaborating with current popstars.

6. Haven't listened to this yet, but did they conveniently forget how brill she and Tove Lo were together?

7. I really like the remix. The absence of a solo Dua verse is my only complaning.

8. That's my main gripe as well, Dua definitely should have had a solo verse but I'm bopping regardless. I love the new production flourishes though, this is a nice treat.

9. After hearing it a few times, I definitely think the latter half of the song is a lot more successful than the first. The first half feels a bit Frankensteined, but with the long instrumental breakdown through to the end, it feels like the remix finds its... well.. groove. I remain puzzled about the vocal mix, though. You'd think they'd at least try to make Dua's vocals more present even if they are just 2054 rehearsal vocals.

10. This remix is really bad other than the added instrumental breakdown. Disappointed!

11. With all the negativity on here I expected the remix to be ghastly but its not. I like it. The added breakdown and intro are cute.

lob0to, Wayne1978, melodrama and 4 others like this.
  12. I adore this. It definitely could have used some solo Dua, but it’s a minor complaint for me. The way it gets truly future nostalgic in the second half...I levitated.

Eskapism, LPT, jvckkk and 13 others like this.
  13. This. Would’ve ticked every box otherwise.

14. This remix already doing it's job.

15. I much prefer the album version, but I don't hate this remix. It's cute enough.

They've made the song way more disco-y with the strings but that's also why I like the album version, it's less disco-y than many of the other songs.

16. Out everywhere. C'mon green 7"!

17. The remix sounds great to me. The production is slick as hell, it's got strings for DAYS, and it really beefs up the original which I always found to be a tad too mellow. Their voices sounds incredible together too. I'll use this more than the original probably.

I also love the vast difference between their energy levels at the end of the breakdown:
    "Dua's got that real groove!!!"

"...kai lee"

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  18. Oof. I heard someone saying it and took their word for it. Went into the remix with that in mind and it seemed a lowered pitch would in fact fit the vibe of the remix. I shared the idea.
    I wasn't just sitting here scratching my head to find something random to say and present it as a fact.
    Thanks for pointing out the mistake anyway.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  19. I wish there was more solo Dua (she gets a bit of solo chorus at the end doesn‘t she?).

But at the end I am glad this is a bit of a remix and not just Dua‘s vocals over it and the long breakdown is amazing. Glad the song is so long, though I could also take a 8 minute version of it.

MrWonderfulPop likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.