Kylie Minogue - Disco | Page 837 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Kylie Minogue and Dua Lipa rocket from No. 37 to No. 15 on Billboard’s Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart (dated Jan. 16) with “Real Groove.” The song’s original Minogue-only version, from her November album Disco, originally reached No. 26 that month.

The track’s Studio 2054 remix with Dua Lipa, released Dec. 31, drove the song in the week ending Jan. 7, when all its versions combined earned 811,000 U.S. streams, up 468%, according to MRC Data.

“Groove” sparks Minogue’s highest rank on the streaming-, sales- and airplay-based Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart. Of her 11 career entries on the survey, two others have reached the top 20, both in November and both from Disco: “Magic” (No. 17) and “Say Something” (No. 18).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...c-songs-chart/

2. More people should know about Real Groove, it's just too good not to be heard of.

3. Just... because!

Wayne1978 and OSHi like this.
  4. Kylie’s on Dermot O’Leary’s radio 2 show next week, and he said she’s calling “all the way from Australia”, so I’m guessing she’ll be staying there for the foreseeable future.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000rmf8

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  5. She must be one of Radio 2’s most frequent guests! Thank god they support her seeing most other radio ignore her!

Glad she got to go home, must be great to be back with her family. And Australian promo opportunities!

6. Nice she's back with her family after all this time too.

7. I wouldn't begrudge her a good break in her home city after being working flat out since July. It's not like she can't do promo from Australia if she chooses to.

8. Yes, exactly that.

heartmightmelt likes this.
  9. After a two day binge of listening to all the live albums something totally unexpected happened.......DISCO finally and instantly clicked with me which I never in a million years saw coming. I must have got over myself.

Me:

upload_2021-1-17_0-7-28.jpeg

10. She's added new songs to her Infinite Disco playlist. Including 'Levitating', Madonna's 'Future Lovers' and some more Jessie Ware and Cher. I do like that she's put Earth, Wind & Fire alongside 'Monday Blues'. Hammering home the influences, etc.

11. Kylie is in Australia and so is RuPaul for Drag Race Australia. Coincidence?

dell321, Runawaywithme, blod and 2 others like this.
  12. Monday Bleus xx

Ddarko77 likes this.
  13. Drag Race is filming in NZ I believe.

Glenolabar likes this.
  14. She could well have flown into NZ and done quarantine there. Travel from NZ to Australia does not automatically require quarantine again.

If Drag Race Down Under do secure Kylie it would be such a massive launch for the show, especially given that she has not appeared on any Drag Race episode as a judge. And the only Kylie lip sync has been I Was Going To Cancel.

15. Well she won't be flying through Dubai when she returns to London. Emirates just announced they're ending their service to Australia.

Qatar Airways is still flying. Expect the next group of hotel pics to be from Doha.

16. If I were her I'd be staying put in Australia for the time being.

17. Future Lovers, always felt like a very Kylie style song I think.

P'NutButter and Juango like this.
  18. I need Jodie Harsh to remix a track this era.

19. It has that same ethereal feel as Light Years.

YourOwnThing likes this.
  20. I think it's because both are "I Feel Love" influenced/tributes.

elektroxx, HorseTears and P'NutButter like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.