Kylie Minogue - Disco | Page 839 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. What a trio!! Seriously - Say Something, Magic and Real Groove is her best singles run for me since Head, In Your Eyes, Love At First Sight.

Finish it off with Dance Floor Darling or Miss A Thing and I'm dead!

dan2die4, MmmDani, hollaa01 and 7 others like this.
  2. It's right up there, for sure. The horns could be amazing live.

3. Here in Toronto, I was picking up groceries the other night. When I went to self-checkout, Real Groove (album version) started playing. Damn, it sounds SO good on a loudspeaker (even in a grocery store).

4. Yes, I really want Dance Floor Darling next especially!

5. Yes to all of this!

Cowboystyle likes this.
  6. Still hope for a Real Groove music video!

Daniel L and hollaa01 like this.
  7. I'm still waiting for the release of the music video that was already supposedly shot.

8. That's what I mean, I thought they had already done one??

9. W2K

W2K

I think @elektroxx means the video for another song that’s supposedly been shot.

elektroxx likes this.
  10. If I remember correctly, the person who mentioned that a music video had been filmed specifically stated that it was not for "Real Groove."

11. Ah ok, wonder if that music video will ever see the light of day then.

12. Why is Real Groove not a #1 smash world wide right about now? It’s the most commercial single from Kylie in a very long time! (I know I know streaming ruined her singles run etc etc).... I just can’t get enough of this song! Look forward to the mixes tomorrow!

BrokenHearts, Ddarko77, HMD and 6 others like this.
  13. These remixes should have been the blueprint for the album. It has that modern Disco vibes that she should have been aiming for, rather than being so on the nose.

14. Aside from the lack of streaming and radio support, it's only received one televised live performance and it doesn't have a music video.

Also, Dua was underutilised on the Studio 2054 remix, which probably was its best chance of being a hit.

Arcadeblues_, MmmDani and johnoclock like this.
  15. Say Something, Real Groove, Miss A Thing come off as very modern for me. Nothing on the nose.

The only song that sounds the most retro is Last Chance and that is great.

16. I don't think she was even going for a "modern" vibe, what I took away from interviews is that she intended the album as a tribute to her heroes from ABBA to Donna Summer.

17. I’d imagine it would when it’s time for the 4th single. No point in dropping it now when we have Real Groove remixes this week.

18. JAN 17th - WORLDWIDE SPOTIFY
    Real Groove (Studio 2054) - 4.040,574 (+114,858)
    Well since the vinyl isn't out til April I'd say there is a point, besides this song is too good to not have an official video, maybe she's gonna film here in Oz.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.