Kylie Minogue - Disco | Page 899 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Disco Down, Love Affair, The One and now Supernova? I don't know why Kylie doesn't just key my car and have done with it.

2. I know right...? Dancefloor Darling could have had it's time to shine....AFTER Supanova.

I know I've been vocal about my views on Dancefloor Darling, so in the car yesterday I really listened to it a few times to see if I could see/hear what everyone else did. I admit, it did sound good but there are still tracks I play more and ended up skipping to. Plus I thought, "would I dance to this?" if it came on on a night out? And I wouldn't. Magic? Yes, even though that is midtempo it has a funk to it. This I would chill at the bar, maybe run on for the last 30 seconds then continue my gin.

Anyways, lets hope it lifts the album campaign.

3. Supernova's too frightening for the listeners of Radio 2. Betty and Linda'll get the fleg of their lives when it comes on during the ironing and turn the volume down.

4. Dancefloor Darling is one of the best things Kylie has done in years.

Supernova is a cute girl but cute next to gorgeous...

Jersey, Juango, Andrew.L and 7 others like this.
    PC20, lushLuck, irishlamb and 4 others like this.
  6. Run away, run away, run away with me tonight...

Goosebumps. One of the top 5 moments in a Kylie song, surely.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021 at 6:52 PM
  7. While I'm not crazy on Miss A Thing. I still get the love of that song. (I do prefer Dancefloor Darling)

Regardless, the opening "Dance" and the strings are pop perfection.

WhatKindOfKylie? and Wayne1978 like this.
  8. 'Miss A Thing' and 'Dance Floor Darling' were my picks for the next two singles, so even if it's a reverse situation, I'm happy.

9. I like Dancefloor Darling, but it's the definition of a cute song. Supernova and Last Chance are so much better.

BenApple81 likes this.
  10. Praying for the ears of some of y'all.

stomp likes this.
  11. I don't see the appeal of Last Chance, it's a cute song but it just screams filler to me. As for Supernova, it's a rush but it really is far too busy for the radio

Cowboystyle likes this.
  12. Dance Floor Darling is classic Kylie in the best way and am glad it's getting a single release too boot. That said, this album is very much full of a selection of possible single choices it's that strong.

13. As if radio would play Supernova or Last Chance ddd. Too... noisy.

Still here for Miss a Thang to have her moment.

tommylander and xOJakeXo like this.
  14. This would make for an excellent run of tracks though at the next tour. A 12-minute fan favourite section yes please and thank you.

15. Wait, I'm confused. "The One" was a single, right? It even got a (cheap) video. I still want that video mix.

elektroxx likes this.
  16. Miss A Thing and Say Something are some of her best ever songs, for me! I haven’t played the album too much lately, but intend to go back to it soon.

tommylander and IntoTheBlue like this.
  17. She was promoting 'Dancing' on her IG today, so, perhaps the first syllable in 'Dancing' is a clue as to whether she might actually mention her current single at some point?

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. She can take her time. I'm not bothered.

Ddarko77 likes this.
  18. Guess when it will be, it will be!

19. You're right—"The One" was a single in Australia, New Zealand, the UK and various parts of Europe. It even peaked at No. 36 in the UK.

Here you go, assuming that you're a Spotify user:

20. Wish the Freemasons single edit of The One, was available properly. 13 years later almost and still no sign.

AlmostFamous and Robbietoxic like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.