Kylie Minogue - Disco | Page 947 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but no-one has been through this before so it's a learning process. It's not that black & white.

IEngineered, hollaa01 and Mikey1701 like this.
  2. It does feel silly to not have taken advantage of the spaces available when they had them. Get as much done as possible so that there's enough to last a while, especially when we didn't know how things were going to turn out. Plenty other acts managed it, why not Kylie?
    So much wasted potential. Some acts really managed to excel in this pandemic so you can't really blame it on the pandemic and excuse the lack of promo material, especially when she managed to get some stuff done.

elektroxx likes this.
  3. I agree, Real Groove is just superb. A modern day Kylie classic for me.

4. Had a venture to sayhey (barf) and apparently the July rumor of the repackage seems to be true since it's already being pressed. Wonder if she'll announce something for her birthday?

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  5. That would be ace if so!!

6. Some acts didn't. Not everyone was in the same circumstances or had the same opportunities. They were all in different places with different restrictions. Not all the same resources are available to everyone. Simply implying 'others can do it, why can't she' lacks understanding.

JMRGBY likes this.
  7. July would be a good time. Any longer and it would lose impact and the fact that Summer is when you want poppy music.

8. I think a new song in July, I honestly can't see anything else coming before the autumn. Hoping to be proved wrong though.

9. I don't think that it's unfair to compare the way that Disco was handled during the pandemic to the way that other albums were better handled during the pandemic. Like we've all criticized Lady Gaga for abandoning Chromatica when all of the planned promo fell through due to the pandemic. Obviously it would be unrealistic to expect a Future Nostalgia-sized era from Kylie now, but you'd still assume that an artist as big as Kylie would have the resources and the team to help better navigate during these unprecedented times.

10. I mean at one point she literally had a big stage, dancers and all the necessary people on hand to film a video or two when she did Infinite Disco. Video that would be perfectly fine to Real Groove justice. She had more than enough resources available to her and could have done a few bits and pieces before taking her well earned break in Australia.

11. We don't know the circumstances so cannot assume anything.

JMRGBY likes this.
  12. You assume it's just that easy. A lot of these things have to go through a long process to happen. It would have been a good opportunity but Kylie, although big, I doubt is afforded the same finances and opportunities a successful younger chart act is.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    JMRGBY likes this.
  13. I bet there will be tour dates announced with the re-release. She's been quiet publicly but I am sure there is a lot of behind the scenes movement on tour logistics.

And yes Real Groove is quality. I often have the album playing in shuffle and find myself repeating Real Groove when it finishes because it's just so good.

AlmostFamous and Anjoel40 like this.
  14. Disco reissue in July ??? Really ? Only if she's touring on Autumn, but I can't see it quite likely. If they're going for a July release, I think they have a very strong summer-y song that will make the album a steady seller for the whole summer.

15. I'm looking forward to what she has planned, sounds like not too long now for something either way.

16. It would be great if there are some club shows like with the Golden shows, except this time with good songs.

blod likes this.
  17. The Golden club shows were great and so was the setlist!

Princeuk, Timbo, Wayne1978 and 4 others like this.
  18. My only problem was the Golden songs. I don't think it's an album that will hold up well in the years to come. Whereas Disco is an album I know I will be revisiting.

blod and dell321 like this.
  19. For me Golden is one of her best albums - I love Disco too, but I really appreciate Golden´s lyrical quality and choice of style.

bonnieetclyde, Conan, Timbo and 15 others like this.
  20. Yes, Golden is great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.