Kylie Minogue - Disco | Page 978 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lucas, Dec 23, 2019.

1. The posts are just celebrating the Hyde Park show aren’t they? It’d be nice for a tour tease but I’m not going to expect anything from it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  2. Not that I want to add to conspiracy theories, or get my own hopes up, but Steve Anderson has been posting lots of tour memories too.

I read somewhere the Disco repackage would be announced in July so it might not be long until we know more.

3. Feels like tour news is definitely in the air.

I’m wondering if there will be a limited number of shows to limit disruption in case of cancellations/ postponements/covid catastrophes. We know the #lovers have no chill.

4. Yes, or a one off gig at Hyde park again as she loved it last time, it means its just the ONE venue and dont have to worry about cancelling an entire tour.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  5. I hope not. She does have fans outside of the UK.

webby686, craiggci and Fighting Irish like this.
  6. It's not realistic to expect a full on Kylie tour at the moment, so if she does do a few one off gigs or a small residency to give us a taste of what a Disco Tour would be like then so be it. It'd also give Kylie and her team a good idea of how to navigate concerts in a post COVID world.
    It's like some people expect it to be simple. Kylie would need to follow much stricter rules and restrictions now. Not to mention trying to hire a band and dancers etc who would be available for the dates of the tour, and also the venues.

Baby steps are better than nothing. And lets face it, the UK is her main market now so it makes sense to base things here.

7. Crossing borders presents a logistical difficulty with regards to having a crew of around 50 people minimum getting from one country into the next, especially while restrictions fluctuate. Just doing a UK round trip is a much simpler task than crossing borders and potentially having to cancel shows because a restriction has suddenly been flung up.

It's the reason why Alanis had to cancel her Canadian shows - it looks bad for her, but the reality is that she's the sole Canadian on the payroll, everyone else in the crew is US-based. It's much more simple for her to isolate for a couple of weeks before the tour and only route it around the US.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  8. Now things are a bit crap but I don't expect any Kylie concert until 2022, when things will hopefully be better. I've already got my tickets to see The Weeknd in November 2022 and I'd imagine Kylie would be considering something around that time frame too, second half of next year.

9. Has any other artist of Kylie’s touring stature (like arena level) announced tours recently? Those size of venues are super backed up at the moment so I’d be very surprised if she could book anything the first half of 2022.

10. God hasn’t announced anything, no.

11. Alanis did announce dates though?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Disobedience and Punka like this.
  12. The Weeknd has his 2022 tour and it's a proper global tour (Europe and USA). And it's selling well, with multiple dates in places in cities.

Andrew.L likes this.
  13. Best post ever quite possibly.

Ddarko77, mcuk, Stopremix and 3 others like this.
  14. I don't see announcing a 2022 tour as being out of the question, given COVID. A lot of artists are selling tickets now for 2022 tours. If things get bad again, they can just delay it. My only concern is that since so many 2020 gigs have been rescheduled for 2022, it would probably be hard to book venues if they haven't started anything yet. I am not getting my hopes up. It seems like waiting until 2023 to tour Disco is a bit of a stretch - many artists at her level would be on to a new album campaign by then.

15. Jack Savoretti's new album is the exact kind of soundscape I want from Kylie. More emphasis on "real" instruments but with an electro/disco edge too.

I can really hear her on Dancing In The living Room, Secret Life and Each And Every Moment.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  16. "Who's Hurting Who" is a bop. I need Kylie to work with Nile Rodgers again before this era ends.

Imagine working with Nile Rodgers in the past and not re-collaborating with him when you release an album titled Disco.

neinzedd and Shuey like this.
  17. I remember hoping for/looking forward to more Giorgio Moroder productions when Disco was first announced. Instead we got... Sky Adams. Ew.

lob0to, HorseTears, Shuey and 2 others like this.
  18. Nile seemed like an obvious person to get in contact with, shame.
    When Jack Savoretti becomes more of a Disco Diva than Kylie Minogue.....*I jest*

elektroxx likes this.
  19. We should count our blessings, whether we loved Disco or not because it could be a lot worse.

She's turned homophobic, as evidenced by the fact she's on the new Ed Sheeran album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.