Kylie Minogue - General Discussion | Page 2089 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Wow, I actually remember this. I think you had to click on an anime gif of Kylie to get in the site. It seemed really incongruous at the time. And took ages to load.

2. This really angers me, all those good tracks going to waste. Certainly a lot of them were.

3. Ugh it sounds like I would've spent forever on there as a kid if it'd still been around. It's definitely of it's era for sure, but it's got charm to me at least in a way that pop-star websites now lack. Things seemed so much more experimental online back then, and transparent in their own unique ways in comparison to social media.

I've found on the website a timeline of her career up to that point, does anyone know what the unreleased collaboration she performed throughout the end 1997 with Nick Cave was? Her website says he wrote it four days before they performed it and it got performed twice from the look of things. I wonder if label issues interfered or if it even made it to recording, but this is the first I've ever heard of it.

enhanced CD likes this.
  4. Ha, I did!

Kyliéyoncé likes this.
  5. hi!

jakeyfw, AlmostFamous and joeee like this.
  6. 1998 was a busy year with the small intimate and live tour (which I went to) plus 'Mixes' and 'GBI' so it didn't seem that bad. 1999 had at least 'In denial' with PSB as a comfort but yeah nothing else, but that made it all the more exciting when 'Spinning around' was so huge.

WhatKindOfKylie? and moorje like this.
  7. Your masterpiece is really something!

8. I'm guessing Mr President would have been on one of the three albums recorded, alongside Sexercise and Skirt.

Doesn't seem like a bad strategy, given the success of the greatest hits album. It's the song that will keep on streaming and generating $$$$. And it's close to breaking 150 million plays on Spotify. Madonna doesn't have a song on Spotify with that many streams.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    Princeuk likes this.
  9. I shudder to imagine the horrors of that album.

Mikey1701 and The_Rani like this.
  10. True maybe but the leaked X demos across 3CDs were disappointing with a few exceptions! So who knows the quality of the material?

Princeuk likes this.
  11. The magnum opus that never was. *sobs*

Princeuk likes this.
  12. I think that’s Still Your Face and there’s also Death is Not the End

Kyliéyoncé likes this.
  13. Yes, 1998 had quite a alot Kylie wise that respect.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  14. And in fact we didn’t actually get Impossible Princess in the U.K. til Spring ‘98. The Breathe single and then small tour and collabs etc it wasn’t a quiet Kylie year at all. 1993, 1996 and 1999 were the real “drought” years for fans.

15. Bet 1993 especially was following 5 years of non stop Hit Factory releases after all!

16. That said, she performed at Bang! which was G-A-Y under an old name in 1993 for Pride which was beyond fabulous. She did the four ROL singles plus Celebration if I recall correctly. So at least that was something.

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  17. 1996 all that I know that she did that year was go on an extended American road trip with Stephane Sednaoui and hang out with Shirley Manson.

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.

18. Still love this song

19. I guess that’s when the recording of Impossible Princess took place too as the original plan was for a Q1 1997 release.....until DeCon got cold feet and the sessions with the Manic Street Preachers and others took place.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.

20. I will constantly ask Stephane Sednaoui to release a coffee book of their time together until I die.

jakeyfw, Txetxu, AlmostFamous and 8 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.